How To Remove the Wood Grain - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

How To Remove the Wood Grain

I am thinking about getting the wood grain pieces in the truck hydro coated....has anyone successfully removed the wood grain trim from the door panels, dash, center console?

any help appreciated!

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 11:33 PM
i like to party

Re: How To Remove the Wood Grain

if you had a gray interior i'd trade you door panels, and if I had the auto climate control i'd trade dash pieces with you so you didnt have to worry about it.

too bad
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 11:33 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

I wanna do the same thing, dash is easy it all disassembles by hand except for the vents which are 2 phillips head screws each. From there the entire dash will need to get masked off before it gets the new graphic.

For the doors I have yet to pull the panels but I believe you will need to melt and bend the plastic wild/rivits on the back side

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
if you had a gray interior i'd trade you door panels, and if I had the auto climate control i'd trade dash pieces with you so you didnt have to worry about it.

too bad
my interior is grey, but im going to be painting all the plastics inside....Thats the next project on my list haha...never ends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
I wanna do the same thing, dash is easy it all disassembles by hand except for the vents which are 2 phillips head screws each. From there the entire dash will need to get masked off before it gets the new graphic.

For the doors I have yet to pull the panels but I believe you will need to melt and bend the plastic wild/rivits on the back side
Yea i pulled my panels a few weeks ago to do a test run of some carbon fiber, i saw the rivits but was afraid i was going to break em...

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 AM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokedkid87 View Post
my interior is grey, but im going to be painting all the plastics inside....Thats the next project on my list haha...never ends!

Yea i pulled my panels a few weeks ago to do a test run of some carbon fiber, i saw the rivits but was afraid i was going to break em...
It's a lot of work, and it may never fit right again... But if you take your time, it's very possible.

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

anyone know where to get replacements?

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 03:36 PM
PSN Veteran

i got a pair of 05-07 KR front panels with no switches or switch plates that are in ok shape if you wanted some spares

04 F250 - 6.UHOH. Studded and Deleted By PSE, Fueled by Warren and Aeromotive, and Tuned by Gearhead.
08 Tacoma Work truck. V6 Power nothing, Radio, AC, and 4x4
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

nah im just looking really of how to remove or replace the wood grain, im gona do a carbon fiber wrap on em

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 AM
PSN Local

I removed my drivers side to try to wrap it in carbon fiber vinyl and I just used a forstner bit that was a little bigger to drill off the melted part of the tab and the panel. I was going to use silicone to mount the panels back on when I get them finished but I just used some short number 10 screws to put it on till i finish them.

Thanks Rick

2004 CCSB 35X12.5X20 Toyo MT's 20X10 Ultra's Edge EVO CTS Airraid Intake w Zoodad mod 4" TB no Cat Mishimoto intercooler EGR Missing Swamp's 58V

Soon going to have PHP FICM, ECM, Tuning
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 02:27 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post

too bad
If you ever head South during your travels let me know. I'll swap you door panels if you got a CC.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode