better rotors - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Talk

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokenstang
better rotors

what works best slotted, cross drilled or drilled and slotted?

1996 F-250 ex-cab -D60- Motor,fire hoses-Nate,Tuning,Cam-Matt R,P-rods,dummy plugs-Wipe Out,Huffer-Engineered diesel,Carson,Gen3,Idm-Swamps,Rods,studs,fire rings-WOP,Clutch-Valair
455/400's in,S475 T-6 mounted
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'84 f-350 2wd, 6.9l, 4spd, drw, flatbed. For Sale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 04:31 AM
PSN Mega Miler

Re: better rotors

Stock or slotted. Cross drilled rotors are prone to fractures.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Talk

ok thanks, i need something that wont warp so easy like the stock ones.

1996 F-250 ex-cab -D60- Motor,fire hoses-Nate,Tuning,Cam-Matt R,P-rods,dummy plugs-Wipe Out,Huffer-Engineered diesel,Carson,Gen3,Idm-Swamps,Rods,studs,fire rings-WOP,Clutch-Valair

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Reloading

Many use power slots and rave about them. I ran the cryo power slots for about 9 a year and they "warped" too. I ended up using NAPA's ultra premium and they seem to be better that the power slots so far.

America Land of the free.*
*Some restrictions may apply, void where prohibited.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Towing Doubles with the X

Call these guys, R1 Concepts out of La Habra, Ca. they also are on Ebay, but you can get the ebay price by calling them, I picked mine up from there store when I was in SoCal. I got there drilled and slotted rotors, along with their recommended pads, and I LOVE my brakes.
I pull a 44' enclosed gooseneck race car trailer and when my factory rotors of 140K miles went metal to metal, I opted for a major overhaul, new calipers front and rear due to the rubber dust boots on the pistons were non-exsistant due to the extreme heat the brakes produced while coming down the mtns out of dever heading to Utah or the 17 frwy from Flagstaff to Phoenix, I run these roads monthly and heavy..
When I replaced the origanal pads and rotors with the R1 Concepts, I also replaced the calipers on all four wheels and upgraded to braided stainless steel brake lines and flushed entire brake system out with new fluid. and I now have the best brakes I have ever had.. Stiff pedal, quick stopping power...Call thee guys, their great guys and parts were instock.. And no-one is harder on brakes then me.

2003 BLACK Excursion LTD 7.3 4x4 4" MBRB Stainless Exhaust, AFE stage II intake, DP F5 Tuner, 4.5" Donahue lift, Rolling on 18" Jesse James Lawless 8's wrapped by 35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terains and airbags,
2002 BLUE F350 XLT 7.3 4x4 CC, BTS Tranny, 6.0 tranny cooler, 4" Silverline Stainless exhaust, S&B intake, DP F6 Tuner with 9 tunes.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Towing Doubles with the X

And just so you know, my rotors also have the diamond tip slots, and the slots never get packed up with brake pad dust (material) as some have said happens. And the drill holes are champferd also.

2003 BLACK Excursion LTD 7.3 4x4 4" MBRB Stainless Exhaust, AFE stage II intake, DP F5 Tuner, 4.5" Donahue lift, Rolling on 18" Jesse James Lawless 8's wrapped by 35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terains and airbags,
2002 BLUE F350 XLT 7.3 4x4 CC, BTS Tranny, 6.0 tranny cooler, 4" Silverline Stainless exhaust, S&B intake, DP F6 Tuner with 9 tunes.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Talk

thanks i will def look hem up. i had been eyeing summits cross drilled and slotted one. like $100 ea

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 02:54 AM
PSN Mega Miler

Id watch out for the cross drilled ones. They look cool but they crack with age on most of them. If you go cross drilled make sure its a large brand name or good warranty.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 03:09 AM
Caption This

Slots and holes are no benefit until the brake temp gets to about 800 degrees. Most SD brakes never get over 500.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Talk

yea thats why i was unsure of what to get. heck after i replaced the rotors on my puller when it was a dd w/ regular replacements i was cracking them once a year. i get tired of them gettin stupid on my sd the first time i haul across mountains after they have been turned. 1badf350 did you get the eline ones or the premium?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode