Rhino lining vs Line-X lining - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Question Rhino lining vs Line-X lining

Alrighty guys, I'm getting ready to install the dual 5" stacks and need to figure out what liner to have sprayed into my truck after the hole is cut in my bed (nothing added, just hole cut)....Rhino or Line-X. I have a Rhino lining here in Corpus Christi TX but the closest Line-X is approx 150mi one way. The drive isn't a factor if the Line-X is the superior product. Let me hear what you guys think and WHY you think that way. Thanks

Current- 2006 Harley Davidson Edition F250 6.0L w/a "BUILT" engine, Unfortunately mis-assembled and installed by CenTex Diesel and a NAPD Heavy Hauler RACE SERIES Transmission
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous- 2001 Platinum Edition F250 7.3L
SCT LW and FICM tuning-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Regulated Return fuel kits-

ENOUGH SAID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 02:54 PM

Re: Rhino lining vs Line-X lining

I have heard the Rhino liner fades. My Line-X has not proven to be as durable as advertised though with cuts and gouges from pumps,equipment,etc.. I paid $400 5 years ago for black/short bed.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 03:15 PM
PSN Local

I have the Line-X, 5+ years now with 1 cut. They will fix it nation wide for free. Rhino has changed their product some over the years, it has a more consistent texture and looks better than it did. My friend's truck has had the rhino for about 1.5 years and it has faded some. The line-x does seem to hold up to the sun better. I think either would be fine, I just like the Line-x better.
We have some line-x on one of our boats. It gets rusty barnacle covered chain dragged over it under a strain all day and holds up surprisingly well, of course we had that spot sprayed about 1/2 inch thicker. But after 2 years it hasn't worn through. We used to paint that part once a month, we haven't touched it since.

2011 F-250 Lariat, CC, LB 6.7 PSD
'99.5 7.3 F-250 XLT, SC, 2x4, short bed. DP-Tuner, 4" turbo back exhaust, Zoodad, '07 front end, jackrabbit bed cover, harpooned tank, AIH delete, Boost, Pyro, and trans gauges. sold
2007 Keystone Outback 21RS

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 03:21 PM
PSN Veteran

I dont know about the line-x but I know that the rhino you can get color matched to your truck. I used to work at a shop that did rhino lining and in the 1 year I worked there they never had one come back for any reason. They are both probably pretty good I think you would be happy with either one.

2001 F250, CCSB, 4X4, Auto, Forged rods
Lots of go fast parts and still slow.

2001 F250, STD cab, 2WD

Frame is a little shorter now
workin on body
engine build underway

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 04:29 PM

Might want to look into Arma liner they have tons of colors and they have a UV top coat that is supposed to stop the fade. I had rhino liner in my other truck and have nothing bad to say about it. It did chip because I gouged it with shovels while unloading rock(my fault). My rhino hasn't faded and it is more then 4 years old. I've heard whiping it down with armorall will bring back the shine but never bothered with it.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 07:28 PM
PSN Veteran

I wouldn't get color matched rhino liner, my buddy had it color matched to his red truck and the rhino liner had faded to a nasty yellow whithin a year. just my .02

personaly I like line-x, we live on a ranch and i'm always throwing stuff in the bed, and the line-x seems to take more abuse than the rhino lining did(less chipping) in our old truck, but as mentioned above rhino has improved over the years so I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

Early 1999 (4/98) 7.3, Automatic, f-250 superduty, 4x4, crewcab, shortbed.

CCV Mod
knn intake
banks exhaust
banks power elbo
banks turbo housing
big head waste gate-disconnected
Tuning by

4 gauge pod with DiPricol pyro, boost, trans temp, HPOP

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 07:53 PM
PSN Veteran

Line-x has color matched also. You get a clear coat over it so it doesn't fade but I think that's pretty pricy and not ever dealer does it. Line-x is thinner but harder than rhino.

2004 f350 6.0L psd 4x4 6spd cc sb dark shadow gray, sct tuned by eric, 6" ICON 20x12 centerline, 35x13.5 mickey t atz
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 09:39 PM

I have had both, and i prefer the Rhinolining myself. It does fade, and i felt the Rhinolining was sprayed on thicker. Alot of tiems it depends on the prep work done in how well it holds up. My Line-X was done in about two hours. the Rhinolining took all day. I prefer the texture of the Rhinolining also. But of course this is my opinion and everyone will have theirs. Weigh the options and go from there. Im sure whichever direction u will go, u will be happy with. Just talk to the dealers and see what they say too
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:17 AM
Terminator Nation

We have used both Line-X and Rhinoliner on the city work trucks. Its a matter of surface preparation as to how well the stuff sticks on. I had a color matched Rhinoliner done to my own truck and it has held up well for 6 years, but it was UV top coated.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:22 AM
PSN Local

I work at Parkland Chevrolet here in Tacoma, Wa. We used to use rhino lining. We line about 25 trucks a month. The Line-x is FARRRRRR better and looks better. It holds up better and doesnt fade near as bad. Get the line-X.

2002 F350 DRW, 38r Turbo, Terminator T500, REG return fuel system, CTS Evo Custom tuned by Bill at Powerhungry Performance, bts converter, S&B intake, Snows Stage 3 Water/Meth. Mcculloch hids 6k.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode