Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

superduty tailgate...step with no handle???

9K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Juniorssrollin 
#1 ·
So i recently picked up a 2011 tailgate for my truck...i was certain i wanted a step, and camera, this tailgate has them both. At first i thought the handle that compliment the step, but it seems that when i slide stuff into the bed it only gets in the way (found this out on the new 2011 work truck my brother picked up). I was thinking about taking the handle off, cutting off the metal tab the handle bolts too, and getting either a flat bed liner to go over the tailgate, or spray in bed liner....anyone have thoughts on this?..or anyone done anything like this...let me know...i will write up a thread with the progress if i move foward with it....

#2 ·
You can remove the handle, remove the bracket, and buy the tailgate cover for the plain tailgate from Ford. Bolts right up.

#6 ·
Ok so i officially removed the handle from my new 08 tailgate last night....just trying to track down the bed liner piece now....anyone looking for the handle or bedliner with the handle let me know.....

#8 ·
Slight derail...

Is swapping the 08 gate just a strait swap? No extra parts needed? I smashed my gate and wanted to get an 08. I compared my 06's gate to my 08's and the left side mount looks slightly different...

#10 ·
you have to change the driver side roller, its a costly piece at about 11.00 bucks at you ford dealer....unless your an idiot and order the passenger side rather than the driver side....other than that, and changing the lock cylinder...its pretty easy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.