Zone Offroad 4" Lift & Wheel ?'s - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Zone Offroad 4" Lift & Wheel ?'s

I have an 07 F250 4x4 and I'm looking at Zone Offroad's 4in lift:

4" Suspension System

Does anyone have any feedback on these kits? From the little research I've done, I've heard nothing but good things so far. For the longest time, I wanted Icon's 4.5 lift but this is much more $ friendly. I just don't want to compromise too much in quality. I've heard they are an off-shoot from BDS and TruckToyz carries their stuff so that has to say something. They tend not to sell junk and a local reputable shop also had good things to say about Zone. At any rate, I think I'll pull the trigger and find out first hand if the lift is any good. Can't be much worse than my stock FX4 ranchos, lol.

I was looking at getting 35's on 20's. Zone recommends 4.5" backspace on the wheels for this kit but I found that semi-puzzling as I thought 05+ superduty's had 6" backspace. I've seen other 4" kits recommend 5-5.5" backspace so I'm not sure on this one.

I wanted to get 20x10 wheels but if I have to go with 4.5 BS that sticks out a little too far for my taste, perhaps 20x9 maybe better? I'm looking at Fuel Hostages so if anyone can recommend the proper backspace given my specs, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to stick out too far out and I don't want to rub much either.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Motorsports Performance

Re: Zone Offroad 4" Lift & Wheel ?'s

i did a 6 inch zone lift on a customers 05 duramax n i think the kits are pretty nice well designed lifts and great price for them also good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 CC SB 6 inch lift with
37 inch M16 super swampers on 24 inch rockstars
06 harley conversion
250/80s, carsons girdle
Elite diesel drop in
DI headers, terminator oil pump, .20 mahle pistons
Cryoed forged rods, di push rods 910 valve springs
5% tint all around 30% front winshield
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 12:27 AM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

yep Its BDS's budget line I believe and made about 30 minutes from me. I have not seen there lifts in person yet but they seem to only have 4in and smaller for everything.I've heard no complaints yet.I know BDS's shocks use to be made by monroe but I'm not sure if they still are or not. I don't see why you could not stick with a 5.5in backspace because 4.5in would stick out a bit which you don't want. Its not like the knuckle lifts where you have to clear the knuckles with the rims so you should be fine. A 5.5in should be the same as a 4.5in would be on my truck.

2004 f250 egr delete,studded,fass 95,suncoast convertor,itp RR,Banks intercooler,58v tuned ficm,Powermax turbo,Matts tunes,6in Icon and 35 toyos 20x12 fuels
Early 99 exlb 4wd-SOLD All Shaeffer oil
Will Iott -8/24/84-7/4/10 "We miss you buddy"

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 12:29 AM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

One thing I forgot is I don't see a drop pitman arm for there 4in lifts mine or yours. That kinda worries me.

2004 f250 egr delete,studded,fass 95,suncoast convertor,itp RR,Banks intercooler,58v tuned ficm,Powermax turbo,Matts tunes,6in Icon and 35 toyos 20x12 fuels
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
One thing I forgot is I don't see a drop pitman arm for there 4in lifts mine or yours. That kinda worries me.
Hmmm...not sure if I should be worried about that or not...I don't think Icon's 4.5 lift has one either...

Thanks for the info.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:23 AM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

Well I just looked and your right ,the icon doesn't have one either but the bds 4in for your truck does. I don't know,I guess I would call trucktoyz and see what they say. I always thought over a 3in you needed the drop pitman arm.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:27 AM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

I think Icon accounts for it by giving you an adjustable track bar instead. Looks like the Zone lift covers it by sending a new non-adjustable track bar. They don't drop the track bar, and drag link, just change the angles.

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:28 AM
it's an 02 05 08

im runnin the zone 4in on my o2 and love it,fit great no issues what so ever.,i do recomend doing rear springs instead of blocks.I have installed a few of the zone kits on the 05+ trucks and cant complain about them.also instead of a track bar drop and new pittman arm the kits come with a new trac bar,like jdc said.

2002 ext. cab lwb 4x4 7.3
05 front 08 rear conversion
4in lift,forged rod motor,tunes by tsd,bts trans,6.0 transcooler,6 autometers to watch,studs,springs,push rods,238cc hybrids,itp reg return,stealth hpop,tsd custom fuel system and sump,an so on
6.0's pay the bills and 6.4's soon..
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:45 AM
SAK
Sponsor

Zone is made by BDS. Where the BDS comes with a lifetime no questions asked warranty the Zone only has a limited 1 year warranty.

Zone is a good budget lift but you get what you pay for. The BDS kit is only $400 more and you get the lifetime warranty and free shipping from us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 03:04 AM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
I think Icon accounts for it by giving you an adjustable track bar instead. Looks like the Zone lift covers it by sending a new non-adjustable track bar. They don't drop the track bar, and drag link, just change the angles.
Yeh it just seems like the angles would be to much for the drag link and the truck would have bump steer. I know I put a 4in on my truck and didn't drop the pitman arm and it had horrible bump steer. I don't know,just speculating. I'm sure they don't drop the pitman arm because they don';t drop the track bar ,only offset . Now I also wonder if the more angle on the drag link would put more strain on the sector shaft. I know they are prone to breaking on the older fords like mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode