Turbo help for my setup - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 02:38 PM
PSN Local

Re: Turbo help for my setup

The 4294r has a 70mm inducer compaired to the 4202r has a 74mm. The
70m will light at lower rpms, which is better for towing. Your tuner will have the big say in it as you will want to stay on top of the charger to eliminate lag. Now the GTX4294 is suppose to flow up top like a 4202r with the different inducer wheel design, so you get good towing and good performace when just dd. The GTX4202 moves the inducer to 76mm.

I want to be able to tow with no issue and have a hot street truck thats not laggy and flow good at high rpms

Lots of people tow heavy with a 4202r as well. Hell Dave Lott will tell you that you can tow with the Gt45 its all on when the TC is locked.

Fully SWAMPED motor. GTX4294r, 300cc 200%, BTS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: Turbo help for my setup

But how does the turbo "light faster" if the exhaust portion of both the turbos are identical.... same size and trime. Thats my big question. Because looking at that aspect of it its a no brainer to jump up to the 4202 with the 74mm inducer.

2000 F-350 Crew Cab - 7.3L Turbo Diesel, .10 Over Block w/ Machined Mahle Pistons, Cryo'd Forged Rods, Melling LPOP, Fully Balanced Engine, Rosewood 250cc/100%, BatMoWheel'd 1.15 38r, SRP1, ITP RR, 910's, DI Pushrods, ARP Studs, Walbro Pump, BDP Live Tuned, and BTS Converter+VB+Pump Mods.

545rwhp/1,243rwtq - w/o Built Engine and BatMoWheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode