does this combo make sense? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
<----Colin Banks

does this combo make sense?

I am always tinkering with ideas in my head about things that might work or not.
has anyone run a set of hybrids with stock nozzles and big oil? Would it take to much PW or timing to empty the injector? Most likely when I am ready to do injectors in my truck they will be for sure stock nozzle'd with flow of 180 or so and I know that having enough oil to empty them and have good nozzle pressure is a must. Just thinking out loud....

><>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 PSD F-350 crew cab 4x4, 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK- Tuned by DI

2013 F250 4x4 CCLB Platinum Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Donkey pumper

Send a message via AIM to HeeHaw
Re: does this combo make sense?

no offence but this is the most non senceical combination ive heard. I think regular hybrids would be the best but you can always go with BO and AA stage 2.5's would make more sence. But hey thinking outside the box never hurts

1964 706 IH with a 05 Cummins motor Smartyfied.

"I'm spitting in your face cause I'm a dominating you!" -Hank 3
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
<----Colin Banks

None taken. That is why I am asking. Perhaps it really does not seem to make much sense to have that much fuel going through a stock nozzle. I am not sure of the max flow stock nozzles can take but it would seem that if it was possible to do or practical to do it might have already been done. I guess this would almost be like a reverse hybrid, but I cant remember if those were ever able to be made to work properly.

><>
<><

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:08 AM
PSN Veteran

If you intend on running Big Oil, why not run B codes with small nozzles. Worked well for Charles.

I think Kainers is running Hybrids with small nozzles and Big Oil. 436 HP?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Banned

180cc's is not a problem on stock 7 hole nozzles. I only know because I've done it.

428rwhp. It will not have much top end because once the pw starts getting yanked out, a .146mm^2 stock 7 holer really takes a hit compared to some larger nozzles that will still get the fuel out in the very little time that the pw up top affords.

But no, it's not crazy. Will be an incredable smooth running truck that makes decent power.

On Edit:

This ought to take the guesswork out of it...

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2395...82519711xpAdJE

That was on a set of BI's with BD P&B's on stock 7 holers.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
<----Colin Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorEngineering View Post
If you intend on running Big Oil, why not run B codes with small nozzles. Worked well for Charles.

I think Kainers is running Hybrids with small nozzles and Big Oil. 436 HP?
The reason I was thinking this is because of the fact that hybrids are so efficient with HPO that the extra ICP might create awesome atomization of the fuel. I never really thought of B's with smaller nozzels though.

The thing is when I am able to do injectors, I want to get a good combo. I know there are tons of options out there but sometimes I think outside the box. Good idea or lame one, who knows? Most likely I will not go with a set up that will need studs and will be very friendly for altitude and casual driving. I might take it to the strip, but being a manual trans, I am not after any ET records.

><>
<><

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
<----Colin Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
180cc's is not a problem on stock 7 hole nozzles. I only know because I've done it.

428rwhp. It will not have much top end because once the pw starts getting yanked out, a .146mm^2 stock 7 holer really takes a hit compared to some larger nozzles that will still get the fuel out in the very little time that the pw up top affords.

But no, it's not crazy. Will be an incredable smooth running truck that makes decent power.

On Edit:

This ought to take the guesswork out of it...

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2395...82519711xpAdJE

Thanks Charles. That is some good insight. What turbo was that run with?

><>
<><

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Banned

The GTP38R OF COURSE

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
<----Colin Banks

that is what I thought. My main reason I want stock or small nozzels is because I dont have an IC yet and wat to keep EGT's under control when I tow. I have plans for a turbo upgrade first and am waiting to see if TN will make one. It has been talked about, but to my knowledge or lack of it is not in the works, but it is not out of the question yet either.

><>
<><

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 07:49 PM

I'm doing 180cc's with stock nozzles as well. Seems to work fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode