Next Step - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Just A Squirrel

Next Step

I have been doing some "research" on my next upgrade (injectors,bigoil,fuel systems,etc.) What do you think the next logical step is for me, I want more power,but I have PMR's:supergay: Thanx for the help!

Darrin Struble
2003 F-350XLT Sport SC/SB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7.3L Live tuned by Jody ,ITP reg return/intank prepump mods, MBRP S.S. 4" ,afe stage1,foil delete,WW, Dieselsite coolant/trans filters,turbomaster wastegate controller,FTVB,Bandwagon Badges
1956 f100 Heidts Suspension all around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 11:26 PM

Re: Next Step

Big Oil, then a turbo
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 11:27 PM
PSN Veteran

everyone seems to be very happy with oil, i would do big oil. i will be putting my pump on hopefully soon.

2002 F250

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Just A Squirrel

do i need a re-burn for the big oil??? sorry for all the questions

Darrin Struble
2003 F-350XLT Sport SC/SB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7.3L Live tuned by Jody ,ITP reg return/intank prepump mods, MBRP S.S. 4" ,afe stage1,foil delete,WW, Dieselsite coolant/trans filters,turbomaster wastegate controller,FTVB,Bandwagon Badges
1956 f100 Heidts Suspension all around

Last edited by dstruble; 08-17-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: im cant type
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 12:43 AM

No, you can run most big oil systems without a reburn. I ran my Terminator for several months before I got around to having Jody send me bigoil Tunes. I had no issues other than a WAY better driving truck

To get the most out of the hard earned money your spent, you SHOULD get the chip reburned to take advantage of the additional ICP that is available. Tell your tuner you have PMR's and they should burn ya tunes that will keep your truck safe and the oil in the pan.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard

Darren, I did the turbo first because I had to - blew the seals. I have HPOS. Jody and Joey both recommend a reburn for the big oil.

aka - Grumpy .. aka - Bubba Grump .. aka - Bubba .. aka - Grumpy Old F... . . A "slow" fatass 9K Dually.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 12:56 AM
DI POWER

Bogger and I are putting my TE in Sat, I'll still be running my 80,120,140 jodys till I get them reburn for big oil next week, we'll see how it runs.

01 250 sc xlt -" Forged Rods," Full Force 238/100s inj, Reg kit, Big fuel,DP F5 tunes, ATS BB turbo, ARP Headstuds, Com 910s, DI Pushrods, IDM mod, AFE Stage 2, TE2 HPOP R-IPR, BTS Trans, 6.0 intercooler, Fluidampr, HX, Cool max trans cooler, 4''exhaust & MORE.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 04:13 AM
PSN Veteran

Joe, I spoke to Jody today. Do NOT run your current tunes with your Terminator, Jody's words not mine. Jody strongly advises not to run standard tunes with any Big Oil system on a PMR engine.

Just pull the chip and run it stock until you get new tunes. It will run perfect without a chip.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 07:12 AM

I was just gonna say that ^^

I can vouch that it will run great without a chip. It would be a good idea to take it out until you have it reburned, just so you're not tempted ya know
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 12:09 PM
DI POWER

I hear ya, chip is coming out. I heard Jody's gonna be in Colorado this weekened, know when he's going back home? This stinks no rompin this weekened

01 250 sc xlt -" Forged Rods," Full Force 238/100s inj, Reg kit, Big fuel,DP F5 tunes, ATS BB turbo, ARP Headstuds, Com 910s, DI Pushrods, IDM mod, AFE Stage 2, TE2 HPOP R-IPR, BTS Trans, 6.0 intercooler, Fluidampr, HX, Cool max trans cooler, 4''exhaust & MORE.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode