HPOP or injectors? which first? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak
HPOP or injectors? which first?

well to me it only makes sense to get the hpop first, since if i add the new injectors i wouldnt have enough oil to run them properly. is this info correct or am i mistaken? i know injectors would also cost more too. about how much would i be looking at for a good set of injectors, and pumps? i geuss its time to step into the big oil/fuel world. or do you guys think there is other mods to do before hpop and injectors? i like to be prepared (i geuss its the fireman in me) for anything i do. long post sorry just looking for good advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 05:14 AM

Re: HPOP or injectors? which first?

Only you can answer that question. What do you want to do with your truck? If you want the biggest HP bang for the buck get injectors first. If you use your truck for any kind of work or towing I would get the big oil first.

The difference in driveability with big oil is huge. It will net you some HP with stock injectors, but mostly the difference is the truck will make more power up high. As you say, the big oil will also support larger injectors in the future. You can step right into large squirters like B codes if you already have big oil rather than stair stepping your way up in fuel.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 09:25 AM

Fill out your sig. What mods do you have now?
Forged or PMRs?
What's your ultimate goal?

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 05:29 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

To go fast... Injectors

To pull hard... oil

TO GO FAST AND PULL HARD, Oil then injectors...

You just cant explain to someone how a truck with big oil drives, the pull is unreal, from the moment you hit it until you let off at 80 it just doesnt fall flat anywhere.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 07:54 PM
HP Junky

I say big oil first. I absolutly loved the way my drove with stock injectors, dp tuner, and big oil. The truck was awesome for towing...
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 PM
A Ghost these days.

Send a message via Yahoo to mad_matt Send a message via Skype™ to mad_matt
Smile Re: HPOP or injectors? which first?

I second that path. I should have gotten BO long before my b codes. Then maybe my engine would not all over the interstate. then again see sig.

Got Boost?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Slightly modded 01 F350 CC SB 4X4

Powered by Oil driven by Madness.
Post Injector upgrade Spin: 577/944
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dynojet
HP: 597 BWD Superflow
13.152 @ 104.7 mph
Mods: Everything plus the Twins.
In the mail: Everyone's stuff but my own

Planned upgrades: sho mods!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak

i was thinking big oil first, due to the fact that in order to run different injectors, dont you NEED more oil? and as far as rods, i dont know what i have. its an 01, so can someone tell me what the build date was for the switch from forged to pmr's? with my luck i got the pmr's.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 PM
PSN Veteran

I love my setup.. Right now stock injectors with big oil and TN turbo.. I would like to step up to bigger injectors soon
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak View Post
i was thinking big oil first, due to the fact that in order to run different injectors, dont you NEED more oil? and as far as rods, i dont know what i have. its an 01, so can someone tell me what the build date was for the switch from forged to pmr's? with my luck i got the pmr's.
Cut off date was 08/00 but there were some mixed production runs around that date.

Only way to know for sure is to look and see for yourself.
You probably have PMRs, but you might just get lucky.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Non Helpful Member

I have just oil on my 00 truck It pulls a trailer just about every day it was a night and day diference pulling loads. I was pulling a 24ft cattle trailer last month to OR and a friend has a 350 with a dp chip . We each had the same trailer and same amount of cattle. each of us were in the 140 and I was going 65 up every hill and still had more but he could only do 45 with his truck.
With my 97 I have oil and injectors If you don't use your head when your pulling a load you can break stuff fast. It's fun to pull loads with the 97 I only use the 60hp with a trailer just because I feal like i'm going to twist the drive shaft off lol

2 fords that make no power

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode