more power - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

more power

i have a 2000 powerstroke i have a ts 6pos chip,afe stage 2,wicked wheel,boost foller and a 4 in exhaust.But i want a cfm plus i was just want to see what yall say about them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 11:46 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: more power

If you want more power get bigger injectors and custom tunes on that TS chip.

02 f250
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Dairy Mechanic

The CFM is a lot of money for something doesn't give you more power. Bigger injectors would be next I would say.

AND............ To

96 Ford F-350 200 cc's, Electric fuel system, TS chip, 17 oil pump, Banks intercooler, 3" intake manifolds, SNOW Water-Meth system, South Bend DxD 3600, Banks brake, 4" stacks. Tuff country ladder bars.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IH RULES Not a 6.0 fan, engine out right now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 11:53 PM
PSN Veteran

Welcome to PSN. What transmission do you have?

Like above, you will need injectors and a custom tuned chip for more power. If you have an auto, it better be rebuilt and if you have a manual, aftermarket clutch.

James
2000 F350 CCLB 4x4 auto, 250/200's from PIS, No Limit tunes, Isspro gauges, 4" exhaust and intake.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks and it is a manual and i put a south bend clutch in it.I was just wanting more power for not alot of money and to lower egts
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Metal - It kicks your ass

a cfm isn't going to do sh!t for you... Just bragging rights that you have one is about it.

Custom tunes is your next step if you don't already have them. If you do then the next step would be injectors for more power, but after that you will need to start saving big for a tranny and turbo.

Modded L99

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

How would u go about custom tunes.Yea thats what i have thought to i have have heard alot of good thangs about them
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 12:28 AM
PSN Veteran

Post up in the Vendors section on the forum and start talking to the custom tuners. Do a search in the aftermarket section and pick your poison.

James
2000 F350 CCLB 4x4 auto, 250/200's from PIS, No Limit tunes, Isspro gauges, 4" exhaust and intake.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Metal - It kicks your ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalroller060592 View Post
How would u go about custom tunes.Yea thats what i have thought to i have have heard alot of good thangs about them
Contact a tuner of your choice. They will use your chip, just put their custom calibrations onto it. Much better than the shelf tunes out of the box.

A few that I have tried and love are PHP, [email protected] Gearhead, and Cale Thomas (BTS). I'm currently running Cale's tunes and like them the best but what works best with your truck will ultimately be your decision.

There are many more tuners out there, hit up the sponsors section. A few of the top notch tuners are listed in no particular order.

Beans
Swamps
PHP
BTS
Gearhead
Diesel Innovations
WOP
DP-Tuner
Tony Wildman
and a few more that I might have missed.

Modded L99

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Will the cusom tunes help that much.I know u could do that with dp turner but i did not know u could with ts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode