upgrading impeller for turbo - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

upgrading impeller for turbo

Where is the best place to order and upgraded impeller for my turbo? My truck has 211k miles and feels as if it lack power I have a feeling my up pipes are leaking. Will I have to replace the entire pipes or is there a better less expensive solution? Also wanting to upgrade my impeller has anyone done this. I heard they run about 70 bucks is this true and where? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2008 King Ranch Never done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 08:19 AM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

Re: upgrading impeller for turbo

if the pipes are in good shape where the donut sits you can get away with just replacing the donuts...if there wore out a little you can try using exhaust donuts for a small block chevy.. just make sure its the cheap soft kind...you don't want the hard top of the line donut...you can tell by sticking your thumb nail into it..
if you need new pipes some of our vendors sell bellowed up pipes..these do not have donuts in them.. they use a metal gasket instead..they will cost around $450 a set.. the impeller you speak of is a stock early 99 wheel.. we call them wicked wheel, banks wheel ect,ect..they are all the same wheel...each vender just give them there own name for it.. Bob at dieslesite had the wicked wheel for around 70 bucks but I see there on back order...

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Metal - It kicks your ass

I wouldn't worry too much about upgrading the wheel. They don't add any power. The reason they are out these is to help control surge. And if you have a surge problem a wicked wheel will not always fix it.

If you have a boost leak then you should try to locate the leak by pressuring the system. You can buy boost leak detectors or make one yourself cheaper. Again, dieselsite.com has this too.

Modded L99

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 10:28 AM
PSN Veteran

Yeah I replaced my wheel with the wicked wheel as well ($80 at the time). The reason I did it was to control surge and because the edges were chipped and chewed up. That was with 98k miles!! I guess I owe that to a k&n filter. It was a smart fix/upgrade I think. I also used beans brass uppie donuts ($11). Another good fix.

Chris
99.5 F250 CCSB 4X4 Auto- Bunch of stuff.
Irate Diesel Performance

1987 Mazda B2600 rclb with 2.3l 4D55T turbo diesel 4x4 5 speed manual trans. Being worked over with Irate magic. Nick named The Beast.

08 Kawasaki Brute Force camo 4x4- AMR 730xx big bore kit and bunch of other stuff. Nick named Excessive Force!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode