Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

SCT question

995 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
I thought I would ask you guys this instead of dealing with SCT dirrectly. But if I put the stock program back in my truck can I put a DP f-5 tuner on it instead? I really wish I had known about DP tuning before I had bought the SCT, I would have gone with a switch on the fly set up instead. I'm thinking 60 tow 80e 120 performance, and 140 extreem. You guys know your stuff when it comes to this, so I'm inklind to listen to you before SCT, they don't want to lose a customer.Thanks

Dan

#2 ·
Change it back to the stock setting and get a Dp chip. Then sell your Sct!!
My programmer got shattered and I was stuck with just an 80 horse program, then I installed the chip and it over-rided the superchips file.
Hope this helps.

#3 ·
Sure... You can do anything you want, You can leave the SCT tune in there and the chip will just override it... or you can remove and sell the SCT...

#4 ·
Ok , now if I do all that will someone beable to use it? I thought theses things were married to the truck once you did the initiall program. Maybe I'll luck out and Linda will see this, but that would be my only other concern. Do think my choices for tunes sound ok, the tow tune is proble the one I'm not sure on. If I ever get around to putting the goose in my bed I'll have a 7 horse trailer I can pull, loaded it grosses 14,000#. The 60 tow is for up to 10,000# I believe, but I don't plan on ever pulling it loaded to the max either. I'm not baby sitting 6 other people on a trail ride, LOL. Thanks you guys for the input.

Dan:rockwoot:

#5 ·
Once tuned to stock you can sell it and the tunes. It will work for any truck in your same family the way it sits... But if they have a differant code It might not... PMT(01) and NVK(00) work together, but XLE(99) will not... get it?

I tow in my Extream setting... Just keep the RPM's up and away you go... I would not bother with anything less then a 60hp program.

#6 ·
Thanks Joe, I sent you a PM on the IAH mod because I didn't want to derail my own post LOL.

Dan

#7 ·
send me that PM again... I got an E-mail notifacation... but nothing here? Weird...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.