stupid exhaust ? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Question stupid exhaust ?

Ok here's the deal. I'm looking at putting a 4" exhaust on my truck at tax time(IF I get any back this year!). I've looked at all the popular ones, prob going to go with magna flo. OK here's my ?. You know how banks has the power elbow, that will obviously only work with their exhaust kit. I want to put one on that will work with all exhaust kits. Who sells them? I want to see a picture? The reason I want one is to get rid of the gate that's in the stock one. I have turned blue in the face looking around here, and everywhere to no avail. Is there such a thing? Or do I need to bite my lip and get the banks system? When I do this I will be changing the up pipes as well. Thank you

02 F-350 7.3 6 speed lb,cc 4x4. auto meter a pillr pyro & boost, 4"ss turbo back magnaflow, hi flo turbo outlet, DI up-pipes, diy air filt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Super Hauler!

Re: stupid exhaust ?

why do you want a power elbow? dont really understand. You wont have to touch the up pipes at all. just get a diamond eye exhaust and be done. People make buying a exhaust way too difficult.

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 10:15 PM
PSN Local

dont buy magnaflo or banks. I got a 5in turbo back from performance truck products for $310 with free shipping!!

2002 F250 7.3 ccsb
300/200s
s468
Gen 3, HFHV IDM
[email protected] on fuel

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yeah, but my up pipes are leaking. I want to put bellowed ones on it and be done with it. As far as the elbow goes, it's the one thats on the turbo. Banks calls it a power elbow. They're the only ones I've seen advertised. I assumed someone else makes one to, just haven't seen one. I'm thinkin since I'm gonna be that far into it I'd do all I could in one shot.

02 F-350 7.3 6 speed lb,cc 4x4. auto meter a pillr pyro & boost, 4"ss turbo back magnaflow, hi flo turbo outlet, DI up-pipes, diy air filt.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Super Hauler!

ya why do you want a elbow? still didnt answer the question? just get a turbo back exhaust system it comes with a down pipe that clamps to the turbo.

Quote:
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

you are right. but the pipe that clamps onto the turbo, has inside it a warm up valve and not a true 4". The banks powerelbow would eliminate that valve all together, and be a true 4". I've tried to post the pic but I can't. To really see what I'm talkin about go to banks.com 99-03 powerstroke. powerelbow.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Super Hauler!

oh ok, so your trying to eliminate the ebpv in the turbo or the butterfly valve, you know it really doesnt make a huge difference in performance right? you could just pull the turbo and either put in a van turbo which doesnt have that or drill the pins in the stock turbo and pull it that way. I personally wouldnt touch it as it makes a great exhaust brake and you wont notice if you eliminate it.

Quote:
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Smile Re: stupid exhaust ?

haha ok cool! I just assumed getting rid of that valve all together would help some. I have it unplugged anyway. Like you say when I have it ripped apart I will just take the valve out! perfect thanks!

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 01:33 AM
the stryker god

well most people call it a "high flow outlet" i installed one along with a non ebpv pedistal when i went the 38r route. i think i got mine for like 80 dollars and i think its was worth it and not havin to worry about the pedistal leakin is also a plus
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 02:01 AM
Freak'n know it all

as was stated above... Diamond eye... dirt cheap on ebay and GREAT.... I had it without a muffler for a long time but last summer I bought a big and very quiet muffler.... I love drifting a 10k lb dually and quiet as a stocker

99.5 350 crewcab dually 4x4
stage 1 singles, PHP tunes, banks bighead,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
autometer gauges,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, South Bend HD clutch, Gen 2 wicked wheel, AIS intake system.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode