Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Deaver Springs

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Homesteader 
#1 ·
Has anyone ordered from Deaver direct ?

Is there other places that carry Deaver springs ?

I would think getting it direct from Deaver would be cheaper....correct me if Iam wrong .

Thanks

#2 ·
Usually getting things direct is more costly or no better price. Vendors get bulk pricing and can offer better deals etc unless the pricing is fixed. Manfs usually agree to hold a certain price level to benefit the vendors.

Are you planning all frnt, rear, both? Lift? Custom specifically for your running weight? They can really dial them in to work best at a specific weight.

I am planning on a set from them maybe next fall. They are one of the very few that is 100% USA down to the actual steel. Given the choice I want my springs made here in USA not India with foreign steel and basically mass produced. I am willing to pay an bit more for that as well. No one is better than Deaver IMO. I will be dealing direct with them and not a dealer as I need custom tuned leafs because 1: no one makes leafs tuned for the X. 2: I am running significantly longer, with even length, leafs for the rear which are the ones I am changing.

#4 ·
Tarm yes Iam talking to Deaver directly . Yes I would like to do front and rear . By talking to them it sounds like they can really dial it in to your needs . I was plannig on doing all spring lift because I thought it was better . But after reading a thread on another form I not sure if a spring lift is good for the rear because of axle wrap . Iam wondering if they could build a stock spring lenght that will flex more than a stock spring.

Well I have been researching for a while now on a lift and on a specific height and evry time I find something interesting . My #1 pick has always been Icon . But you never know there is always new stuff coming out .

#3 ·
I have been running 6" Deavers on the wife's EX for about 3yrs, and they are great. No sag and a nice ride.

I used custom springs on my truck, and needed to have them rearched 3-4 times in the last 2yrs.

Get the Deavers. You'll be happy w them.

#6 ·
Cary that's good to know.

IMO the extra $ is worth it. Especially if you want/need them to be setup specifically for your weight and planned use.

#8 ·
That all depends on what you plan to use the truck for and how high you are going in lift. A blanket statement like springs are better than blocks is wrong.

Homesteader,

How much lift are you wanting and how do you plan on using the truck?

#12 ·
Iam trying to get a 5" inch lift I know its a odd number but 4" seems a little to low and 6" a little to high . I talked to Deaver and they said they could build a 5" spring .They where going to quote me a full spring kit with Icon block kit . Iam not sure if I want to go full spring on the rears now . Maybe OUO track block on the rears and Deaver 5" front . Still waiting on Deavers price .

I dont think I will be doing any extreme off roading . Maybe a few drags , some off roading , and sand drags . Some medium to light towing .

#10 ·
Keeps factory load capacity and ride quality. In full size trucks you are not doing extreme rock crawling or catching air so all but one of the neg elimnated. That being more spring wrap but with the torque these trucks have you need traction bar system blocks or not. Most of the lift leaf packs are much stiffer and haved lower weight caacity loose the over load springs. The ones that ride better like icons loose load to squat hieght and or total loaqde rating. When you go higher the sever arch can also its own set of issues.

I am notg saying blocks are alway the best answer only that all leaf lift is not either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.