Look at my HPOP numbers.. opinions??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Freak'n know it all

Look at my HPOP numbers.. opinions???

So I smoked my engine ant only 311,000 miles and am swapping an engine from a parts truck.

My old one still runs but I burned up #7 piston...

So I took it out to log some data with A/E

At WOT and 2800 rpm I have 3000 psi and a 32% duty cycle I still have stock injectors and besides ww, banks big head, turbine housing and outlet, afe intake and 4" exhaust (I don't think these affect this test in any way) the only power adder for this test was a superchips 1805 set on highest setting

I had two decisions to make from this... the first is to either run my current pump or temporarily put on the 15 deg from the parts truck (not an exciting idea at all) if mine was bad.

At this point I'm fairly sure mine is fine for stock injectors.

My next concern is just how good do these numbers sound? Do I have enough life left in this thing to run some AC's or other street and tow friendly sticks or should I be looking for a pump BEFORE the injectors?

PS my current (AD) injectors are very low mile units and not original to my truck

PPS I know that for the money banks sux but I got a SMOKIN deal on the whole turbo with the goodies already on it

99.5 350 crewcab dually 4x4
stage 1 singles, PHP tunes, banks bighead,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
autometer gauges,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, South Bend HD clutch, Gen 2 wicked wheel, AIS intake system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
<-- it's like that

Re: Look at my HPOP numbers.. opinions???

Ummm.. if you're able to hold 3000 psi at WOT on a tune with a stock HPOP.... that's pretty damn good. Consider yourself one lucky SOB.

If you decide on running AC's later, they'll use LESS oil than the stock injectors. In other words, your pump sounds like it's going to be just fine and dandy for what you need.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Freak'n know it all

NICE that is just what I wanted to hear.... Does it make any difference that the superchips 1805 is probably not making anywhere near the power that a good chip would?

autometer gauges,

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 11:00 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagofast View Post
NICE that is just what I wanted to hear.... Does it make any difference that the superchips 1805 is probably not making anywhere near the power that a good chip would?
Probably. However, you won't know for sure until you get a different chip.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 11:05 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

3000psi at 30% duty cycle is SMOKIN...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Freak'n know it all

well cool thanks guys... I'll go ahead and sell the 15deg spare and run this one. I did do the test before the eot had time to get up to temp because I don't want to trash the engine any more than I have too... Sounds like even if it loses a little as eot comes up I'm still doing pretty good.... didn't know AC's used less oil, I thought that was just for hybrids.... I am officially stoked

autometer gauges,
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Any time you can get away from Split shots its a good thing.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Butt-Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagofast View Post
I did do the test before the eot had time to get up to temp because I don't want to trash the engine any more than I have too... Sounds like even if it loses a little as eot comes up I'm still doing pretty good....
Most modern tuning that follows the factory's example doesn't allow "full fueling" until the engine is up to operating temperature.

The PCM was likely still not commanding the tuning's maximum injector pulse width at the low EOT.

Cody
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 05:46 AM
Village Idiot

Bill brings up a very good point, but the hpops numbers say bolt that one on first.
Do some tests with the new engine up to temp. And get a good chip. It will have lower egts and such. May make your rngine last a bit longer.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Freak'n know it all

man I love this place. I am leaning toward the fu chip but as I understand it I have to go fu2 if I switch to single shots.

I currently have the superchips programmer and a edge juice w attitude.... the juice is not on the truck now and I plan on selling both. Of course then I'll have to get gauges to replace the attitude but then I always wanted to be able to read egt's in both manifolds instead of just the side that didn't blow up

autometer gauges,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode