Live DP tuning in AZ done! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
ARMY bound

Live DP tuning in AZ done!

Holy crap was it awsome. Jody did a great job with my truck. He got it dialed in perfect. I'd explain to him things I like, wait a minute, and he made it happen. I got a great e-test tune with no sign of any smoke. I had an awsome time meeting him and driving him around. I also want to thank Dennis at ITP diesel for the hospitality. He has the cleanest most organized place I've ever been in. I felt like a fat kid in a candy store walking around his shop. If I stayed longer, I would have been broke. I was out really late last night, had maybe 3 hours of sleep and went to see Jody. I gotta tell you guys live-tuning is the PERFECT cure for a hangover!! Dennis has a couple bad-ass trucks, real clean and work done right. Thanks for everything Jody and Dennis, I had an awsome time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:21 AM
Canadian Powerstroker!

Re: Live DP tuning in AZ done!

now when is Jody gonna make a trip to Canada for some live tuning?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
03 7.3L F-350 Lariat FX4 CC LB

Mods: TN BB Turbo, NADP Heavy Hauler Tranny, DP F-5, Quad Pod w/ Autometer Phantom II's, AFE II PG7, AFE 409 SS 4" Exhaust, CCV, HPX, Non-EBPV & HFO, 95 Gal Aux tank/tool box, ITP OBA.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:37 AM
PSN Veteran

I have hinted that I want to see up here.... He laughed at me...

If he is out in California or somewhere like that later this year or early next year its going to be a must for me.....

1995 Ford F350 XLT CC LB, 4X4, 12V Cummins, ZF5, D60, Sterling 10.5, 6637 air filter, 7.3L Intercooler, Autometer Cobalt Gauges. ZF6 swap soon to come

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:40 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bob View Post
If he is out in California or somewhere like that later this year or early next year its going to be a must for me.....
He will be back.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:44 AM
Canadian Powerstroker!

What a good suggestion might be is for him to come to the NADP August Blackout in Edmonton at the end of August there would be over 500 trucks there racing, it would be some good PR for him to get on the up and up on the CDN market. Canadian's love to spend money on their trucks.. Especially the guys in the oilfield in Alberta!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: TN BB Turbo, NADP Heavy Hauler Tranny, DP F-5, Quad Pod w/ Autometer Phantom II's, AFE II PG7, AFE 409 SS 4" Exhaust, CCV, HPX, Non-EBPV & HFO, 95 Gal Aux tank/tool box, ITP OBA.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:50 AM
PSN Local

I can't believe the difference in the live tuning. At one point Jody asked how the truck felt & what I though of the EGT's. At that point it felt like there wasn't even a 10k trailer hitched up, the truck just got up & went with the flow of traffic. & when he asked about EGT's & I took a look, I was amazed to see them about 250-300 lower than I was used to. I told him that if he wasn't sitting in my truck tuning it, I'd have figured my gauge was broken, it's never read that low while towing.

02 CC 4x4. AFE stage 2, Magnaflow 4" exhaust, BTS tranny, live-tuned by Jody, AC singles, DI regulated return, Terminator HPOP, DR 4.5" lift & some other stuff...

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:51 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorEngineering View Post
He will be back.
It would be cool to make the trip down and meet you Joey, and have Jody work hid magic.... Wont waste my time or hit till the engine has not PMRs.....

Thats also true... NADP would be a good place for him to go too....

1995 Ford F350 XLT CC LB, 4X4, 12V Cummins, ZF5, D60, Sterling 10.5, 6637 air filter, 7.3L Intercooler, Autometer Cobalt Gauges. ZF6 swap soon to come
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 05:00 AM
Oooo, White Lightning !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfield_Digger View Post
What a good suggestion might be is for him to come to the NADP August Blackout in Edmonton at the end of August there would be over 500 trucks there racing, it would be some good PR for him to get on the up and up on the CDN market. Canadian's love to spend money on their trucks.. Especially the guys in the oilfield in Alberta!

Race truck
2002 F-350XL RC/LB
NADP Race Trans/PCS'd
Lowered w/ traction bars
33" Nittos on 20" Fuel Hostages
Unlimited 450/400s
S475 on Irates mount
TE 17* with Gen3
DI Headers
Dieselboy fuel system
[email protected]
599.3 on BDs dyno

Tow pig
2000 F-250XLT EC/SB
Tuned
Exhaust
Intake
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 05:05 AM
Canadian Powerstroker!

Diesel Boy- You going on the August blackout?

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Proud PSN Sponsor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbxcursion View Post
Holy crap was it awsome. Jody did a great job with my truck. He got it dialed in perfect. I'd explain to him things I like, wait a minute, and he made it happen. I got a great e-test tune with no sign of any smoke. I had an awsome time meeting him and driving him around. I also want to thank Dennis at ITP diesel for the hospitality. He has the cleanest most organized place I've ever been in. I felt like a fat kid in a candy store walking around his shop. If I stayed longer, I would have been broke. I was out really late last night, had maybe 3 hours of sleep and went to see Jody. I gotta tell you guys live-tuning is the PERFECT cure for a hangover!! Dennis has a couple bad-ass trucks, real clean and work done right. Thanks for everything Jody and Dennis, I had an awsome time!
Thanks Brandon. It was nice to finally meet you in person.

Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel

/

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode