FASS wiring question.HELP ASAP - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

FASS wiring question.HELP ASAP

Hey guys,Im in the shop trying to button up the FASS system and have a question on the wiring system. FASS didnt send any literature on the wiring so I am a bit in the dark on what to do. I know there was a post earlier about this topic but it sounded like that may have been an earlier model FASS kit.

From the FASS pump there is a harness that goes into a relay and from the realy you have a two pin connector and on the other end it goes through a fuse to two bare wires. now I am assuming that this is similar to a Hella light kit where they want you to get direct power from the battery switched by a source that may not handle the amp draw which is the reason for the relay. So where the two pin connector is could be hooked up to the factory fuel pump wires since this is only going to close the relay to pull duirectly off the battery. It doesnt take much amp draw to close a relay so I dont think a guy would never have an issue going through the factory wiring to do so.
Am I on the right track????
Damn FASS for not sending a wiring diagram. I am in a huge crunch to get this truck done and on the road and makin money!!!
Thanks in advance.
Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:48 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: FASS wiring question.HELP ASAP

I am running my FASS right to the factory wiring for the factory pump.... I was under the impression that the factory wiring was PLENTY good enough to power a FASS..... Mine has been for like 6 months anyhow....

1995 Ford F350 XLT CC LB, 4X4, 12V Cummins, ZF5, D60, Sterling 10.5, 6637 air filter, 7.3L Intercooler, Autometer Cobalt Gauges. ZF6 swap soon to come
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

So which wires did you eliminate?
I would assume the relay and also the fuse could go by what your saying??
It would be fused through the factory harness right?? I thought the same as you. The wires on the frame are good heavy wires. Im not sure why FASS is using all the other stuff.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Andrew thanks for the link on PM to the instruction manual. According to that I may be missing a pigtail that plugs into the two pin connection and goes into the cab to a IGN on source. Then the bare wires would go directly to the battery. Well #### I guess I amy have to improvise

So it is what I thought. You would end up running the two pin connection to a source that is hot when ignition is turned on and in turn it would close the relay and pull directly off the battery.
Oh by the way I was missing a page in my instruction manual.GO figure.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 03:07 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
So which wires did you eliminate?
I would assume the relay and also the fuse could go by what your saying??
It would be fused through the factory harness right?? I thought the same as you. The wires on the frame are good heavy wires. Im not sure why FASS is using all the other stuff.
Yep... Mine is using all the stock wiring.... So Ford provided me with a fuse and a relay and all that....

I hooked the 2 wires that went to the stock pump right up to my fass pump and away I went.....

1995 Ford F350 XLT CC LB, 4X4, 12V Cummins, ZF5, D60, Sterling 10.5, 6637 air filter, 7.3L Intercooler, Autometer Cobalt Gauges. ZF6 swap soon to come
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 03:29 AM
PSN Veteran

your welcome Justin. So yours came with a relay?

-
Andrew

2000 F250 EX LB 4x4 XLT
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:17 AM
PSN Veteran

is this a 150/180 (high pressure) or low pressure model?
if it's high pressure the stock pump gets eliminated - no need to worry about the wiring. just put the hot wire on the batt or in fuse box and then ground.

2002 F250
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Village Idiot

the big boy might need larger gauge wiring then the OEM pump had..not sure but would be my guess, that is why some people run the new wire from the battery and a relay...

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 02:44 PM
PSN Veteran

you can just use the wiring that comes with it...

2002 F250
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowDiesel View Post
you can just use the wiring that comes with it...
isn't there a thread kinda on this where you said it comes with relay's etc...
or is that only di's version.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode