whats the deal with banks? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
2002 F-350 4X4

Send a message via AIM to TPeqJR
Question whats the deal with banks?

im new on diesel aftermarket performance. why doesnít anyone like banks power?

2002 F-350 4X4 CrewCab LongBed 7.3L
6" BDS Suspension Lift, Bilstein Shocks, 37" Toyo Open Country MT Tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to blk99
Re: whats the deal with banks?

well they have an OK product but they charge for way more than they give.... and the staff is very rude on the forums.... but mainly they are WAYYYY over priced for all the more that you get....
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 06:59 AM
Oooo, White Lightning !

Thanks whitelildually

Quote:
Top Reasons Why Real Diesel People Hate Gale Banks Engineering
1. Ed Sweeney (AKA 444-4D) and his unforgiving desire to be Gales Banks #1 Nutswinger for all time!
2. Overpriced
a. Example why buy a turbine housing from them for 700 bucks when it can be bought from another place for 100 bucks. (thxs Charles)
3. False Advertising
a. Banks seems to think he can bluntly lie to the public and he wont get called on it. Example remember when the Sidewinder truck broke the speed record and he told everyone it drove to the flats and hauled the trailer, yet it was later discovered the truck was unloaded down the road and then it drove into the flats big difference. Another example would be how he says his products give you 60 HP yet the dyno shows 25 HP Is there a difference.
4. Arrogant Salesman who think they know everything and everyone else is stupid and when you question them your wrong their right.
5. Colin Banks attacks on other vendors this speaks for itself.
a. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...ad.php?t=19960
b. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...splay.php?f=17
c. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...ad.php?t=19919
6. Gale Banks talk about how he is the king of diesel performance which yes he has done a few things but he talks down about all the other vendors out there who are working harder than he is.
7. Products released to the public give very little "performance" compared to their competitors products.
8. Some of Banks customers think that since they have banks products it's obviously better than others!
9. Because Gale Banks says the 7.3L is a dead platform. Look at the money he could have made from all the development of these aftermarket parts like these guys on these sites are doing if he would have used his "genius" mind. Some "genius" mind he is since he thinks the 7.3 is dead. Same goes for the 12 valve Cummins.
10. We refuse to spend double and triple for stuff that costs way less for the same product. From the companies that developed the products and didn’t buy them and patent them in their name.
11. All of Banks’ products are overpriced and underpowered.
12. The new race products for the Duramax that were advertised as can be bought and put on your truck are now race only products.
13. Gale Banks talks about his race trucks making huge power without smoking, yet he forgets to advertise the Nitrous systems that he is using as well.
Gale Banks lies to companies that he does business with, The Sidewinder transmission was sponsored by ATS and for the transmission they asked for a ATS sticker on the truck. Well at the salt flats one day a person asked the crew “who’s transmission were they using on the truck ,” this person knew the truth and did not see a sticker on the truck, the crew responded “a Banks transmission” yet one look under the truck and they saw a purple transmission, when Gale was asked he ran. And as a side note WHEN DID BANKS START MAKING TRANSMISSIONS?

For this issue refer to #11 sorry dude to hear you spent all that coin and got no power

Race truck
2002 F-350XL RC/LB
NADP Race Trans/PCS'd
Lowered w/ traction bars
33" Nittos on 20" Fuel Hostages
Unlimited 450/400s
S475 on Irates mount
TE 17* with Gen3
DI Headers
Dieselboy fuel system
[email protected]
599.3 on BDs dyno

Tow pig
2000 F-250XLT EC/SB
Tuned
Exhaust
Intake

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:15 AM

To add to what has already been said, Gale thinks that the powerstroke is a dead platform and doesn't like us much, so we just return the favor.

I think Banks is a dead platform (actually the tuning they have is done by superchips they can't even tune their own stuff), and we don't like Banks.

Touche
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Stupid Kid

Banks stuff is JUNK. I have not put any of that stuff on my truck but know a few people that have, and have helped a few install their banks junk. My stock 6.0 has no problem with a 7.3 (99.5 or newer) with a banks power pack on it. My 7.3 when it had a chip tuned by BTS had no problem with a stock 6.0. That there Banks power pack costs like over 2 grand doesn't it. Yet a truck with a $425 6 position chip can easily waste it. A few monts ago I ran into a guy that was a real banks believer dbag. He thought that my truck was slow cause (he watches to much tv) and cause it makes alot of black smoke. Well he said that Gale said black smoke was bad and that it makes the truck slower. Well I raced him his truck was a 97 witha banks power pack and my truck has single shot a codes with .012 nozzles and a 76 mm turbo. I trap at 100+ in the 1/4 Im sure you can see how that race went.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to blk99

you didnt need to start braggin!

just "BANKS SUCKS" says it all!

I know this is gonna explode in the morning!
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 08:16 AM
ARMY bound

Banks blows. It's a simple fact. The are WAY overpriced. But lets say $$ is not an option....Banks does not make much power, Banks DOES smoke, and he's a douche bag. He is full of lies and crappy claims. Anyone can get rid of smoke with a little nitrous, and Banks sprayed the piss out of the drag truck so it would not smoke-but he does not sell a nitrous kit. All the big pullers and power makers do not run banks crap, that's gotta say something.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 02:32 PM
<----Colin Banks

The ego that their company has is beyond comprehension. All they are after is the glory of it all and not once do they think about the true diesel enthusiast. Plus they are so misleading in their claims it makes me want to puke. The sidewinder drag truck they claim to be a pick up truck. Not even close. It is a Pro Stock drag car chassis with a carbon fiber truck body on it. A true pick up truck can still be used in daily duties like going to Home Depot and getting a few sheets of plywood and bags of concrete. There is no way the sidewinder can to that. It is not even street legal. Notice my avatar??

><>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 PSD F-350 crew cab 4x4, 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK- Tuned by DI

2013 F250 4x4 CCLB Platinum Edition
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 02:40 PM
<----Colin Banks

Oh... And I almost forgot about this video I took. This really made the Banks crew mad....

><>
<><

1996 PSD F-350 crew cab 4x4, 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK- Tuned by DI

2013 F250 4x4 CCLB Platinum Edition
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeqJR View Post
im new on diesel aftermarket performance. why doesnít anyone like banks power?
Because they are #1 at everything they do.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode