DP Tuner ? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Know nothin' PSD driver

DP Tuner ?

When I got my BTS, Brian asked me if I had a tuner or anything else and it was stock. Now I want to get a DP tuner and Brian was saying that I would have to pull the pan and drill a hole in the ? I will call Brian but won't I have to replace all the fluid- $125 worth?

[SIGPIC] 2001 F-350 CC SRW 4X4 Lariat;
PMR's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: DP Tuner ?

you should be able to reuse it. He's taslking about drilling a hole in the shift plate im sure...i think thats what its called

2002 F250 7.3 PSD
Dyno Proven Tunes
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 01:28 AM
PSN Veteran

Talk to Jody. I believe he can leave the tranny part of the tune "stock" so it does not effect the transmission and you wouldn't have to do anything to the valve body. Talk to Jody.

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:40 AM
QUITTER :)

I went ahead andtold Brian I had a 100Hp tuned chip on my truck as he was building my tranny befor eI had even bought my 6 pos. chip. Wasn't sure what all he was going to be doing in order to cope with the chip, but I knew i was getting a chip so I figured why not?

2000 FORD F250 4x4 CC with !BTS TRANNY! BDP CR CUMMINS< 'Nuff Said.

BDP Nutt Swinger

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:26 PM
PSN Local

Send a message via AIM to godofdew11

i ordered my chip from Jody and my valve body from Brian at the same time, Jody told me exactly what Mumbo jumbo to tell Brian ,and whatever i said made sense to him. And now my magical tranny fairies play very nicely with everything else.

-Don

'03 F-350 SC LB, 4x4 7.3, loaded, 3.5" DP to 4" Ex, tymar intake, 38r, strobes and LEDs galore. windshield mount 3 gaude pod,Gearhead toonz,BTS VB, 2.5" leveing kit. Toyo 315s. Last of the 7.3's

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Village Idiot

He is asking you to basically mess with the valve body...enlarge one
( or a few) of the hundred holes in that plate etc.
could beable to swap one if your not comfortable doing it...but then again you have to take the VB out to even swap it....

check out guzzles site on how to do that...looked really easy.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:53 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg373 View Post
When I got my BTS, Brian asked me if I had a tuner or anything else and it was stock. Now I want to get a DP tuner and Brian was saying that I would have to pull the pan and drill a hole in the ? I will call Brian but won't I have to replace all the fluid- $125 worth?
Well, you are only pulling the pan. Maybe you could ask him if he could send you a shift plate you can swap out without drilling the holes. Those make the shifts firmer. No, you don't have to replace your fluid. You drain it into a CLEAN bucket and later pour it back.

It ain't like asking you to drink your own puke.

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Know nothin' PSD driver

Well I called Brian today and I'm going to get one of his chips I guess. Cale is going to get me a 60hp one that does not need for me to drill anything and only increase line pressure by very little. I've never heard of anybody using any of there chips before though, anybody using them?

[SIGPIC] 2001 F-350 CC SRW 4X4 Lariat;
PMR's

[/CENTER][/SIGPIC]
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 06:54 PM
PSN Veteran

I don't have a problem with BTS or their products

01 Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BPD Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U front and A Rear.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:05 PM
PSN Local

I've never used or been in a truck that has Cale's chip, but the feedback I've seen on the Internet has been all positive, FWIW.

02 CC 4x4. AFE stage 2, Magnaflow 4" exhaust, BTS tranny, live-tuned by Jody, AC singles, DI regulated return, Terminator HPOP, DR 4.5" lift & some other stuff...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode