pulse reviews - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Village Idiot

pulse reviews

well here are the first rounds of testing
I will tack my review onto this , so it all under one roof.
and about the review of the actual pump, not info on the tour

not sure if richard found this site site yet so here is his....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwishracing
Well, Southmike and I got our pulse oil pumps installed yesterday. I am very impressed with the power gains. I was running out of oil with the bb turbo, stage 2 injectors, and dp program. My throttle made no difference after 1/2. Now, my engine pulls all the way to redline. I told Bob from Dieselsite that I would have to start watching my tach more carefully since I have the 6-speed. I could easily overrev my engine now! If you want big oil, I can't imagine a better way to do it. Simple install. It uses the stock housing. No problems or leaks. Thanks to Bob for the install, and all the help with all of my engine mods. He is truly a great guy to do business with.
and mine so far

Bob from dieselsite just finished the installs

Bob has tested it on a lot of vehicles, and all were of different mod levels.
my truck happens to be pretty close to stock as far as real engine mods go.
So it was going to be another stock type the test bed. outside of his local florida bunch .

the only real mods engine wise on my early 99 is a pmt1 computer , a ts chip , and my diy intake. no exhaust , no tranny mods , no injectors, turbo mods , boost foolers etc...

the initial 3 hour drive home tests results are good.
the truck idles at the exact rpm's as before...according to my AIC
It idles smooth, and consistent. there is no hesitation or delay on throttle response .
Once I got home I fired the truck with my remote start, it cranked fine.
my remote start is set on a 1 ~1.5 sec crank after a 10 sec glow plug delay.

road performance
with the chip pulled , just pulse and stock pcm, I notice a definite improvement in the 60~80 mph passing acceleration.
it also pulled off much stronger from a stop.
now we are not talking about through you out of the seat pulls, but
for lack of a better description it is more smooth and consistent in the feel, as my wife described it. As far as can I tell a difference , yes. the seat of the pants dyno says it has more powa. best guess is it is close but not fully maybey 3/4 , of the the first performance TS chip program .
(ie ...not stock and not high idle) If I had to guess I would say maybe a 30 hp increase...I don't think I would notice much less as easy .

Now I have the real tests to try, a few pulls with the chip.
I suppose I will be nosy and see what the predator can do too

There were two other pulse trucks there too.
The second belonged to Richard has a garret38r and stage 2 injectors , he got out of his truck after his test drive just grinning. said " he defiantly noticed a big difference, before his truck would loose some top end, now he is worried about watching his shifts more since he had a stick." his comment ....def gain there ..
Richard needs some pics of his truck, definatley far more show and shine then my work horse. A sharp looking truck, and I don't usually like lowered trucks , but his is mean looking especially with those rims.

The third truck was a blast...Bobs took both me and Richard for a test drive ,
and it was a pretty humbling experience, huge boost, huge pulls. Even Richard's eye were pretty wide when bob got on it. and his truck had far more mods then mine. Bobs truck is more of what dream builds are made of, plenty of high dollar mods.

In short Pulse works and works well.
But that is just the first short review, now the fun part
...I get the chip back in there and pull a few runs.

big thanks to richard and bob for making this happen.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 08:32 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: pulse reviews

Sounds good-- now to do some measuring. When will the trucks be run live on AE? An ICP and DC reading under load would be good. A before and after dyno pull would be nice as well.

Enjoy!

2000 F250 CCSB-- GT4294R, 250/100s, Dahl/Fuelab, PHP, scan gauge, stock 17* pump

1994 F250 4x4 SC (sold)
1997 F250 CCSB 2wd (sold)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Village Idiot

Re: pulse reviews

I don't have A&E , and never been on a dyno ...but
ask away ..give me directions , I will do what I can...or try to answer .

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode