"dapaco" injector O rings... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

"dapaco" injector O rings...

Excuse the spelling, not sure of it?

Anyone have any issues with these? I have been having a blue white smoke issue for about three weeks now, though maybe I had eaten a turbo oil seal, but I pulled the turbo this weekend and there is no oil there. Talked to a fw other people and it looks like Ford O rings were not used on the injector install.

I am thinking I have a bad or a few bad O rings that are leaking oil past into the fuel.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 04:04 PM

Re: "dapaco" injector O rings...

That's what mine were when they let go....

JUNK!

We did buddies injectors at the same time, and we started having a bleed down within 1 day of each other. His O rings were trashed too.

They are JUNK JUNK JUNK

Pull your sticks and go with OEM O rings from IH. I think Alliant are the same if you have a manufacturer. I just went to IH and got a set.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

I got 7 from the Ford shop saturday, and will run down and get another one... Must be part of the other issue I am having... Had to crank on the truck until the battery was almost dead on Friday and again on Saturday... Plugged it in and on Sunday and Monday it fired right up...

I kinda remembered you were having an issue like that...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 04:08 PM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

It's been 1.5 yrs since we used Dipaco o-rings, but they are defective.

However, it is only one of the (Dipaco) o-rings which will fail in short order, and it is the square 'cushion' ring at the top of the injector.

The failure of this o-ring cannot, and will not, cause fuel in the oil or oil in the fuel, it will just eventually blow out and cause some starting issues when the engine is warm...basically puking the oil into the valvetrain.

Definitely get the o-rings replaced with Alliant Power o-rings; but I'm afraid that you'll find that the smoke issues are not related to the failed o-ring...more likely an installation error, or an injector problem.

take care~

Dave
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 04:08 PM

I could hit mine with a tiny touch of ether and it would kick right off....

but without it, it was a crankfest .

They were allowing the HPO to bleed down overnight, and on top of that they were bleeding off so much HPO that when the truck was WARM it wouldn't start at all. Had to let it cool down.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 04:10 PM
all ur OBS r belong to me

Send a message via MSN to OldschoolPSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
It's been 1.5 yrs since we used Dipaco o-rings, but they are defective.

However, it is only one of the (Dipaco) o-rings which will fail in short order, and it is the square 'cushion' ring at the top of the injector.

The failure of this o-ring cannot, and will not, cause fuel in the oil or oil in the fuel, it will just eventually blow out and cause some starting issues when the engine is warm...basically puking the oil into the valvetrain.

Definitely get the o-rings replaced with Alliant Power o-rings; but I'm afraid that you'll find that the smoke issues are not related to the failed o-ring...more likely an installation error, or an injector problem.

take care~

Dave

What kind of installation error could cause this?

Ford stopped building trucks in 1997
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

What other injector issue could cause the smoke issue? What internal O rings are there that could go bad? Just had the injectors gone thru before they went back in the truck, there not yours Golfer, but I would aprec any help!

Joe
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 05:00 PM
fueled by Colecovision

Garage

OldSchoolPSD~ an installation error....like where the injectors are not FULLY seated down into the injector cups...so that the copper washer is not crushed...which allows combustion to leak up past the (uncrushed) copper washer...and burn up lowest external o-ring...which then allows raw fuel to pour directly into the cylinder...and melt a piston.

CSI~

Internal injector o-ring failures rarely (never) happen...seriously.

A leaky injector nozzle will have the same end result as having an injector not bolted down...burned piston. So hopefully the shop that built your injectors... pop tests every single nozzle they sell...

Or don't install poor quality nozzles that like to blow tips off. (this isn't a 'dig' at anyone...as I have ZERO idea who/what/where you got injs from)...it's just that (to this day) we still hear from guys that are blowing the tips off of other companies nozzles.

I would pull the VC's, run a compression test...if compression checks out good...then pull the injs, replace the external o-rings (with Alliant o-rings) (suck out the cylinders) pop the injs back in...and roll.

Then...if you STILL have a problem...then you :

A) know what your compression is (so you can rule out valve sealing, piston ring sealing, pushrods, etc, etc problems)

B) know that the o-rings are good (which never cause a 'miss', btw)

C) then it's either tuning or an mechanical injector problem...

take care~

Dave
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 05:09 PM
all ur OBS r belong to me

Send a message via MSN to OldschoolPSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
OldSchoolPSD~ an installation error....like where the injectors are not FULLY seated down into the injector cups...so that the copper washer is not crushed...which allows combustion to leak up past the (uncrushed) copper washer...and burn up lowest external o-ring...which then allows raw fuel to pour directly into the cylinder...and melt a piston.

Dave
Ok thats what I was thinking, I ran into that issue with a friends truck when he forgot to take the washer out of the cup and stacked two on top of each other. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I didn't know about.

Ford stopped building trucks in 1997

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Starting Over

Joe you check your pushrods yet?Run a CCT?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode