Hose ? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Hose ?

Hey, I,ve got my mounting brakets and filters. I,m leaning towards Summit twist lock hose and fitings, anyone out there use it and how good is it. Any leak problems that kind of stuff ?

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 04:41 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Hose ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
Hey, I,ve got my mounting brakets and filters. I,m leaning towards Summit twist lock hose and fitings, anyone out there use it and how good is it. Any leak problems that kind of stuff ?

Dan
I used push lock fittings in my filter base from Parker and it worked great. No problems but make sure and lube the hose up a bit with oil, they are a bugger to get on all the way.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Re: Hose ?

Thanks, I got my shoping list made out just need to call them and order it. I,m getting 20 feet of hose for the whole project. I have a trans cooler I,m converting to a fuel cooler, reason for the extra hose. I have to find out where to get a Walbro pump now also, I think my stocker is a bit weak, 120,000 miles has that effect, .

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:18 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT

I used parker hose push-lok, and their fittings, it works very well. Once they are on, they are not coming off. I had to shorten my fuel line, and I already had the push-lok fitting on, and I wanted to try to pull it off, and it did not even budge. I ended up cutting it off.

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:51 PM
PSN Veteran

Put the hose in HOT water, and it makes life easier.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Needs more hours per day

If their twist-lok is basically the same as push-lok hose (looks like it is), you should have no problems with it. My whole fuel suppy system is done with Jegs push-lok stuff and I've had no problems with it.

Jeremy
2000 F-350, CCLB, SRW, 4x4, '04 5.9 Common Rail Cummins Conversion
F1 sticks, Evil Twins Dual CP3's, F1 Springs, Helix 2 Cam, ARP headstuds, ED Turbo, Smarty, BTS Trans
Eventually: Compound Turbos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:42 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
I have to find out where to get a Walbro pump now also, I think my stocker is a bit weak, 120,000 miles has that effect, .

Dan
I got mine from www.arizonatpi.com call them on the phone and tell them you want the GSL 392 and say "EFI components" and they will sell it to you for $99..

I installed my Walbro and it works great. Installed in the stock location and used stock wiring.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Thanks I,ll do that when I get a chance. I read that somewhere on here awhile back , remember the thing about saying EFI componets.

Dan

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to blk99

Jegs has there "Push-Loc" and Russel has the "Twist-Loc"...

I like Jegs Push-Loc cause I can get it in RED!!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Re: Hose ?

I have one of their catalogs , but I did,nt see anything like that. Do I need to call them.

Dan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode