Non-ebpv pedistal going on soon, what do I do with the electricals - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Non-ebpv pedistal going on soon, what do I do with the electricals

What to do with the sensor? I imagine I will get a code. Is this a problem, or is it just like the AIH delete? Thanks

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:00 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Non-ebpv pedistal going on soon, what do I do with the electricals

Mines an 02, and mines been unhooked for over a year. No check engine light, but the passive code comes right after the start. Hasnt bothered me a bit though, its just unhooked laying in the valley of death.

DRW and tow fast parts.......
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 09:26 PM
PSN Veteran

This is what I used on my 02 http://www.puredieselpower.com/catal...tor-p-106.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale View Post
What to do with the sensor? I imagine I will get a code. Is this a problem, or is it just like the AIH delete? Thanks
It isn't a problem. I put the SPDiesel dongle on and it still threw a code. Pulled the dongle and connected the sensor. I get a code but it is not a problem. Allows me to monitor back pressure with AE. Called Sean about the code with the dongle and it was coming from the disconnected EBPV solenoid. He said he could make a dongle for that too. I said F**k it.

2002 F350 Lariat CC 4x4 4.10 DRW, with "the ultimate towing setup!": Nov 30, 1999 engine with Fluidampr, Melling LPOP, 910 springs and ARP headstuds, DP-Tuner, DI regulated return, AC singles with 80% over EDM nozzles, BTS dual HPOP, H2e, Spearco 6.0 IC and BTS tranny .
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 12:52 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT

I gutted my pedistal myself, and thought that if i plugged the sensor in, it would not throw a code. That idea was shot, it still throws the code. I would just leave it lay there. It throws a soft code, which you wont see unless you scan for codes, and it does not affect anything except that backpressure valve, which you no longer have.

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks guys, you saved me 40 bucks plus shipping. Should I lather it up with a little dialectric grease and let it dangle or just leave it. I don't think that I will ever use it again, but I would like to preserve it just in case.
BTW, it seems like a lot of these dongle things don't work and still throw codes.

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 03:17 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JohnT

I didnt do anything with the connector, I just let it sit there. Just recently I was redoing the mount for my fuel pressure regulator and happen to look at the connectors, still looked like i unplugged them 6 months ago, I would just let them hang, if you are going to put the truck back to dead stock one day, then i would just put a little bit of electrical tape on the end to prevent crap from getting in the connector.

99 PSD 4x4 CCLB
05 PSD 4x2 RCLB
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 03:32 AM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

You could get a weather pack connect and fill it with some rtv and cap it that way. You can also get weather pack plugs to put in a connector too if you wanna get fancy.

Tom

1996 F250 Powerstroke 4X4 AUTO
DP-Tuner F-6 chip live tuned, BTS Transmission, Garrett 38R Turbo, Swamps Injectors 150cc, electric fuel,
Banks Intercooler, Reflexxions Cowl Hood, 17 degree HPOP, 4" Stainless Magnaflow &
Aeroturbine exhaust, Aeroforce OBD Scan Gauge, Truxedo tonneau cover
Dana 60 Precision Metal Fab RSK and SD Springs
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 04:12 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale View Post
Thanks guys, you saved me 40 bucks plus shipping. Should I lather it up with a little dialectric grease and let it dangle or just leave it. I don't think that I will ever use it again, but I would like to preserve it just in case.
BTW, it seems like a lot of these dongle things don't work and still throw codes.
I just let mine hang. As much trouble as my sticking ebpv caused me, i dont care if the connector wrotted off. Its gone, period. If you want to hook it up again, cover it up somehow.

DRW and tow fast parts.......
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 07:09 AM
PSN Veteran

Mine is laying in the valley...

2002 F350 Reg Cab,4x4,7.3,6Spd.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode