Any comments welcome - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
WINNING

Any comments welcome

I'm new to the site and am still in the process of buying my first diesel truck. I have been doing a lot of reading up on the things that you guys talk about on here. I have always been a ford guy and am currently looking at an '02 F-250 CC 4x4 Lariat. I already have thought about the first things that i'm going to do to it and the list keeps getting longer and longer. Since i'm still in college I have a limited supply of money and have to keep the mods at a minimum for now. I think that i'm going to buy a kit from RPM outlet with a 4" SS exhaust from turbo back, a S & B intake, and I'm not sure what tunner yet. From reading on here though I have seen almost everybody talking about the DP tunner and I still need to look at those a little more. Also I was wanting to know if anybody had any experiance with the JOBE performance intake system. I would greatly appreciate any comments you guys have. Thanks Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 12:58 AM

Re: Any comments welcome

The Jobe intake is a nice piece. A little overpriced though. If you're starting off with a budget go with a DIY intake. About $50

Take a look at our sponsors page and call them too. You'll get much more personalized service and better info than going with a big outlet store. Our vendors here specialize in the PSD and can steer you in the right direction.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 02:01 AM

For the best bang for the buck do the exhaust of your choice, DIY intake or AirFlo's hybird intake, and a DP-Tuner F5. With an 02 you will be limited to around 400hp or so unless you pull the engine for a rod swap.

With intake, exhaust and an F5 you will see around 300-325hp at the tires and the driveability will be awesome compared to stock.

Some other choices for tuning you might consider are Tony Wildman, TS, DI, PowerHungery, pretty much any of the custom tuners, so far I like DP-Tuner the best but any custom tuning is the way to go. Stay away from stuff like SuperChips and Edge - go for something with custom programming.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 02:17 AM
My Detroit Diesel 6v92

Whatever you do, DON"T buy from RPM outlet. They are the biggest bunch of losers you could ever deal with. Customer service is the worst i've ever had. Shipping is beyond slow, and I've heard of more than a few people receive broken or partial shipments with no recourse. So BEWARE.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 02:39 AM
ARMY bound

I've had really good luck with puredieselpower.com , Garret is also a sponsor of this site.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 02:39 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy07 View Post
I'm new to the site and am still in the process of buying my first diesel truck. I have been doing a lot of reading up on the things that you guys talk about on here. I have always been a ford guy and am currently looking at an '02 F-250 CC 4x4 Lariat. I already have thought about the first things that i'm going to do to it and the list keeps getting longer and longer. Since i'm still in college I have a limited supply of money and have to keep the mods at a minimum for now. I think that i'm going to buy a kit from RPM outlet with a 4" SS exhaust from turbo back, a S & B intake, and I'm not sure what tunner yet. From reading on here though I have seen almost everybody talking about the DP tunner and I still need to look at those a little more. Also I was wanting to know if anybody had any experiance with the JOBE performance intake system. I would greatly appreciate any comments you guys have. Thanks Josh

Welcome to the site!!! Give Airflo a call, I know he was having a sale on AFE exhaust systems, Intakes and have there own AFE filter and intake tube set up... Get some gauges, I prefer Isspro, but gauges non the less. You will be ok without them for intake and exhaust mods, but dont add fuel without atleast a pyro.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 02:58 AM
Freedom is not free

go to www.fleetfilter.com and get the napa 6637 air filter for $32 delivered to your door and do the 6637 TYMAR intake mod. Excellent filtration proven by used oil analysis results and the best bang for your buck when on a tight budget. Intake, exhaust & gauges before the chip.

What part of the country do you live in? there might be an tuner in your area.......

2003 F250, Wildman tunes, Faubion trns, Swamps 175/146 SS,van turbo/WW, DI Intercooler, oilguard bypass, intank & pre-pump, reg return, Firestone air bags, Bilsteins, 350 HP/692 TQ
2000 Excursion- Pwrd by: T Wildman 6 pos chip, CT Performance Suspension, Riffraff Diesel Performance, J&M Tranny, 4" MBRP, 6637 filter, intank/prepump mods
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 03:02 AM
OBS junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69W900A View Post
For the best bang for the buck do the exhaust of your choice, DIY intake or AirFlo's hybird intake, and a DP-Tuner F5. With an 02 you will be limited to around 400hp or so unless you pull the engine for a rod swap.

With intake, exhaust and an F5 you will see around 300-325hp at the tires and the driveability will be awesome compared to stock.

Some other choices for tuning you might consider are Tony Wildman, TS, DI, PowerHungery, pretty much any of the custom tuners, so far I like DP-Tuner the best but any custom tuning is the way to go. Stay away from stuff like SuperChips and Edge - go for something with custom programming.
That's the stuff I've found works best too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 03:04 AM

You'll need gauges too, pyro at least. But that stuff should go on every truck reguardless of mods anyway.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 03:06 AM
OBS junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbxcursion View Post
I've had really good luck with puredieselpower.com , Garrett is also a sponsor of this site.
Just thought I'd add Garrett is a great guy to deal with. If it isn't on his site just call him up & he can usually find it!

http://www.puredieselpower.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode