cooling mist install, where to put the tank? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

cooling mist install, where to put the tank?

O.K. I went in on the group buy for the cooling mist water injection system and now have their 6 gallon tank. My problem, where the heck you put it in an Excursion? We use all the seating at times and have a two dog kennel in the back so interior room is limited.

2001 Excursion Preditor tuner, 4" Magna Flow exhaust, AFE II Dry-S, Front spring pack,
add a leaf in the rear, Rear Helwig, and Rancho 9000X all around, HPX, Reg Ret, IAH delete, SP exhaust brake, JW VB, Gauges: Boost, EGT, and tranny temp. Cooling mist EGT/boost, RAS

Waiting to install:
ITP prepump and intank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Sponsor

Re: cooling mist install, where to put the tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheboyganjohn View Post
O.K. I went in on the group buy for the cooling mist water injection system and now have their 6 gallon tank. My problem, where the heck you put it in an Excursion? We use all the seating at times and have a two dog kennel in the back so interior room is limited.
Unless you are truck pulling with the darn thing get a smaller res. or plug into the windshield wiper res....this will save you the hassle and give you the sleeper look....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 10:38 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Are you kidding? You have to have a bigger tank with water injection. Your res will be empty in about 10 miles... if your running small nozzles.

Excursions are tough. You could mount it where the spare is, but you would loose the spare. I would get a 6' section of schedule 40 PVC, a 6" to 2" wye, a threaded cap and two end caps and bolt it to the frame rail on the passanger side.Fill it with the 2" cap and have about 6-7 gallons of capacity.

I'll take a look at the wifes X this weekend and see where I would mount a tank...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Are you kidding? You have to have a bigger tank with water injection. Your res will be empty in about 10 miles... if your running small nozzles.

Excursions are tough. You could mount it where the spare is, but you would loose the spare. I would get a 6' section of schedule 40 PVC, a 6" to 2" wye, a threaded cap and two end caps and bolt it to the frame rail on the passanger side.Fill it with the 2" cap and have about 6-7 gallons of capacity.

I'll take a look at the wifes X this weekend and see where I would mount a tank...
You are right, depending on the parameters set to inject. Mine was for racing so I used the small res came with the kit it had 2 dimensional tuning...Thanks
I was thinking for racing...My bad.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 10:47 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

I'll run thru 8 gallons on the way home to bend if I leave the switch on!

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
I'll run thru 8 gallons on the way home to bend if I leave the switch on!
I eat an entire quart in the quartemile...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I like the idea of the PVC pipe, I may have to look into that if I don't find a place for the tank. I will be using it for towing. I have the 2d maping fuction with EGT and boost, so I can keep it a bit tame when I am not putting a big load on the engine.

2001 Excursion Preditor tuner, 4" Magna Flow exhaust, AFE II Dry-S, Front spring pack,
add a leaf in the rear, Rear Helwig, and Rancho 9000X all around, HPX, Reg Ret, IAH delete, SP exhaust brake, JW VB, Gauges: Boost, EGT, and tranny temp. Cooling mist EGT/boost, RAS

Waiting to install:
ITP prepump and intank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode