Airdog on the way... Future upgrades... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Hoosier daddy!

Airdog on the way... Future upgrades...

Well, I couldn't resist the temptation and ordered an Airdog pre-pump system. This got the wheels turning a bit though and now I am really considering some more power upgrades now that I have most of the small stuff out of the way. As you can see from my sig, my truck came with stacks, I have added guages, a tymar intake, BTS valve body and big trans pan, ITP RR, the Airdog will be going on soon along with some sort of post fuel pump filter, I will be adding a coolant bypass filter and doing some front end work but what I really want is to start adding power to this truck. I have a few things on the wish list which include big oil, BTS tranny, turbo, injectors and a tuner. The tranny and big oil will probably happen last. I already know that I will be using a DP tuner... what I really want to ask about is a turbo/injector combo I saw at Black Widow Diesel... They have a TN BB turbo/Hybrids combo that looked pretty sweet. Any thoughts?

2001 PSD F250
Born 4/01 in KY USA,
4x4, 3.73, Ext. Cab, Shortbox...
ITP RR, CCV, Tymar Intake, Airdog, DP tuner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Hoosier daddy!

Re: Airdog on the way... Future upgrades...

Oh yeah, I also have a 31 row tranny cooler waiting to be installed as well... gotta keep the tranny cool!

2001 PSD F250
Born 4/01 in KY USA,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:04 PM
What??

If I had the cash on hand, I would be all over that like stink on poop. But, I have a few other things to do first, like all the stuff you listed as having done already.

1999 F-350 CC DRW Build Date - 06/99
It ain't much, but it hauls my fat a** around.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Hoosier daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvencius View Post
IMO you'd be smarter to do the tranny before the turbo and injectors. That way, when you do the turbo/injectors, you have a solid drivetrain to push that power through and won't grenade once you start looking at building big power.
I thought about that, but saving for a tranny is going to take awhile unless I have a rich uncle that died and left me in his will or something. Might be a good course of action though...

2001 PSD F250
Born 4/01 in KY USA,

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:11 PM
PSN Veteran

Maybe you should just get a chip. If you are wanting big power though you might as well do the turbo, injectors, and chip all at once so you don't have to have the chip reburnt.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually
300/100% B codes, Stealth dual pumps, H2E, BTS trans, ARP head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, Tyrant Tunes

6.0 IC, Fuelab electric fuel pump, NAPA 6637 air filter, ITP Overboost Annihilator, AeroTurbine 4040XL
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:12 PM
What??

That would probably be the safest, most prudent course of action (saving for the transmission). But on the other hand... "Well geez honey. The tranny's broken, so I guess we'll just have to get a BTS now."

1999 F-350 CC DRW Build Date - 06/99
It ain't much, but it hauls my fat a** around.

Last edited by Boomer; 02-28-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: faster typing posters interupting my flow
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:30 PM
HP Junky

Is your 01' a PMR or forged rod motor? That will be the determining factor on your horsepower goals.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Hoosier daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
That would probably be the safest, most prudent course of action (saving for the transmission). But on the other hand... "Well geez honey. The tranny's broken, so I guess we'll just have to get a BTS now."
Boomer, exactly what I was thinking... Ha ha... But I'll probably just end up saving for it. Blah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinJW View Post
Is your 01' a PMR or forged rod motor? That will be the determining factor on your horsepower goals.
I haven't checked yet... Were supposed to have decent weather this weekend so maybe I'll go pop out one of those inspection covers and have a look. These get finicky above 400 horsies right???

2001 PSD F250
Born 4/01 in KY USA,

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 04:27 AM
Oooo, White Lightning !

400HP is bad news for PMR's........

And a TN BB and hybrids will be over that.......

You dont nessicarley need a new trans......A good TC with a shift kit a a valve body from BTS slam a Mag-hytec pan on there and youll be fine.....

There is a chance you may have Forged rods.....Iffy but you might, Ive seen a few early 01s that have em......But check to be sure.......

Try a good chip first.........And if you decide to do injectors, do the tranny FIRST.....Then the turbo and squirters at the same time you buy the chip.....That way Jody can burn it for your tranny/injectors and turbo all at once. That way you dont pay for 2 reburns

Race truck
2002 F-350XL RC/LB
NADP Race Trans/PCS'd
Lowered w/ traction bars
33" Nittos on 20" Fuel Hostages
Unlimited 450/400s
S475 on Irates mount
TE 17* with Gen3
DI Headers
Dieselboy fuel system
[email protected]
599.3 on BDs dyno

Tow pig
2000 F-250XLT EC/SB
Tuned
Exhaust
Intake
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Village Idiot

add a 203 tstat to that coolant filter order.

stage 2's -diy or reman and a decent flow turbo will make you happy with pmr's.

if it is a pmr truck just do a 6.4 TC change it should hold 400 fine. Unless your extra agressive .

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode