Early 99 intake plenums - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Construction Babysitter

Early 99 intake plenums

While I have the heads off, I am thinking about replacing the early 99 intake plenums with later model 3" ones. At this time, I don't want to replace the spider or any other plumbing. Question is this: Do the inlets fall in the same location on both, so that all I would have to find is a 2 3/8" to 3" reducing boot to connect the early 99 intake spider to the 99.5 intake manifolds, or is there more to it than that? Also, will the early 99 turbo clear the 99.5 intake plenums? I have heard that OBS guys had to do some BFH massaging of the intake plenum at the turbo to get it to clear.

Dave

99.5 F250 Lariat : 6" lift on 37" Toyo MT's, DP Tunes, Built Transmission, Airbags, AIH Delete, 38R, Banks Big Head, CCV Mod, Sinister Regulated Return, IH bellowed up pipes, AFE Stage II, ISSPro Performax gauges, Scan Gauge, Casserly Stage I's, T-500 HPOP, Swamp's IDM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:16 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Re: Early 99 intake plenums

I dont know about the clearance issues... But the location is the same. Airflo is just down the street from your jobsite, should be able to help you out!

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Going Crazy

Send a message via MSN to badluck_early99

hey i sorta did what your talking about only i did it backwards lol I have a late spyder with early plentums... I got the reducers from some silicone website and they work great and everything lines up

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Construction Babysitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
I dont know about the clearance issues... But the location is the same. Airflo is just down the street from your jobsite, should be able to help you out!
Ya, but the truck is up by the airport and the motor is on an engine stand right along side it.

Dave

99.5 F250 Lariat : 6" lift on 37" Toyo MT's, DP Tunes, Built Transmission, Airbags, AIH Delete, 38R, Banks Big Head, CCV Mod, Sinister Regulated Return, IH bellowed up pipes, AFE Stage II, ISSPro Performax gauges, Scan Gauge, Casserly Stage I's, T-500 HPOP, Swamp's IDM
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Going Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooner View Post
Ya, but the truck is up by the airport and the motor is on an engine stand right along side it.

well walk its not that far lol

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Crusty old Bastich

Wooner, the stock number t-2383 boot is a true 2 3/8" to 3" , works perfectly.

turbohoses.com

The 3" SD intake doesn't have to have any "tweaking" to get it to clear the turbo....

Jim

96 CC 2wd Dually

BDP engine build
BDP D-66
BDP/Casserly Hybrids
BDP twin pump fuel system

Hypermax Rods
Caltracs
Detroit locker
FactoryTech tranny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Construction Babysitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-StarJ.R. View Post
Wooner, the stock number t-2383 boot is a true 2 3/8" to 3" , works perfectly.

turbohoses.com

The 3" SD intake doesn't have to have any "tweaking" to get it to clear the turbo....
And that is the case with the 3" intakes with the early 99 turbo (Bean's D66)?

Dave

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Going Crazy

They will probably clear... the early 99 pedistle is way higher than the OBS ones so i would think it should clear pretty easily.. im not 100&#37; but even if it did take a little massaging to get it in there it wouldnt be much

-Richard-
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Terminator Nation

It took only a little flattening on a rear corner on my 97. Not a big deal. And as I recall, it was more to clear the fuel line fitting thats not there anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode