What I got planned to do now and need advice on parts? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

What I got planned to do now and need advice on parts?

I am going to build another fuel system from tank foward.I need a good suggestion on a fuel pump.If I went with a FASS or Airdog which model would I use in each.I would like to use the pump/filter combo if possible.I still have a Aeromotive A1000,but it needs to be rebuilt.I am going from a -10 feed to a Y w/-6 to the back of each head.From front of head will be -6 to reg from there -8 return to rear tank.The plan includes removing front tank and swapping back tank for a 33 gal. Bronco tank.This the fuel system similar to what I had before.

I am changing the injectors from DIY 170cc 80% nozzles to DIY 240cc w/same nozzles.I will restud the heads at the same time also.

This is why I made the post about the TN BB drop in.I wanted to know if it would last with these mods.

I know I have a OBS,but want advice form all PSD guy's,late model included.

I know y'all are asking didn't he do this twice before........yes.Hopefully my luck will be better this time around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 F250 4x4 Reg Cab,98 12V,O-ringed,cam,benched pump,compounds,full billet E4OD/4R100 w/a Precision converter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: What I got planned to do now and need advice on parts?

FASS 150/180-2014 should do the trick for you if you aren't wanting to rebuild the aeromotive. that's got a prepump and post pump on it.

2002 F250
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 11:49 PM

I would talk to Dennis at ITP about a fuel pump. As for turbo, that may be pushing it for the TN drop-in, but that's just my opinion. If you're looking for 450+hp and 40+ psi I would go bigger than a drop in.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks guys.I am wanting Bunting to reply about the turbo issue but he hasn't yet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 F250 4x4 Reg Cab,98 12V,O-ringed,cam,benched pump,compounds,full billet E4OD/4R100 w/a Precision converter
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 12:57 AM
<<<<< Next Generation

Mine is holding up so far, not the most practical for what I'm running but holding in there.

When the time comes I will be going bigger though

N.E. Terminator Tech

2000 F350 Lariat CC 4x4 LWB Auto
DP-Tuner F5, Terminator HPOP, QSSB, ITP's fuel system, BTS trans.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 02:58 AM
Back to Civilian Life!!

Just go with a Modded H2e right off the bat so you dont have to worry about it.

2003 F-250 4x4 7.3 liter PSD EXT. cab SB. Wilson 2000 antenna, Uniden PC78 peaked and tuned with a connex 250 Linear Amp.
MODS: BTS Tranny, DIY Tymar, Hypermax 3.5 DP to 5" back, TW tunes, DI's GT38R BB turbo, autometer boost, pyro, trans, water temp a Scangauge and Firestone rear air bags.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff-1972 View Post
Thanks guys.I am wanting Bunting to reply about the turbo issue but he hasn't yet
What is the issue? Can it hold up to 230 cc hybrids? Well, it has the same bearing section as your old SuperT 72, so yes. It will be fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode