FASS? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Sleep well my brothers

FASS?

I am tired of a fuel leak that I have and since I have been hearing more about upgrades I was wondering if I went with a FASS or Airdog and a RR could I get rid of this leakin ass fuel bowl?

Early 99 CC DRW AFE, 4" MBRP,Autometer,6.0 trans cooler, ITP, DP Tuner and cupholder upgrade
Former U.S.A. Res. MP & proud of it!

2005 Dodge 4x4 5.9 With some stuff done to it.

"If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist…you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Banning Smut

Re: FASS?

Yup. Probably would need some type of secondary in line filter after the pump for insurance though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Village Idiot

you could buy 2 orings and cure it probably...very common problem

but no a fass doesn't get rid of it..for the most part (see below).

only the itp fuel bowl delete does, and it doesn't replace it with anything...yet, although he recomends a filter be added.

now DI runs a fass and reg return and calls it good ...(which may mean they have a fuel bowl delete too)
if you run a reg return and a fass/ air dog you will have a much better fuel system anyway. Another option would be Dieselsites cpr fuel system, though you would prob have to ask bob , about ditching the oem filter.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:17 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post
Yup. Probably would need some type of secondary in line filter after the pump for insurance though.
fwiw the FASS has a 10mic post pump filter - you can also get lower rated filters to go in that spot.

2002 F250
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:22 PM

The high pressure FASS comes stock regualted around 55-60psi, so you don't need an additional regulator. Remove the fuel bowl, install y-block to feed the heads and your done. You don't HAVE to do a reg return just to do a fuel bowl delete while installing a FASS.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Banning Smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowDiesel View Post
fwiw the FASS has a 10mic post pump filter - you can also get lower rated filters to go in that spot.
ahh..I guess I was thinking the fuel was filtered past the tank but before it hit the pump.

|
|
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Village Idiot

as long as nothing smaller then 10 microns is between the
the filter outlet on the fass pump, anything that wears off the pump, if it is after the filter, (which it probably isn't) and your fuel injector then it is ok .
but that is a lot of pipe , hose , and a few connections from the middle of the truck , to the heads. Maybe some how purging the lines right before the last hook up would help some .

maybe i am just paranoid ...

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Sleep well my brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmike View Post
you could buy 2 orings and cure it probably...very common problem
I have already done the o ring thing twice. I have also replace the drain valve and put 2 new o rings back in.

Early 99 CC DRW AFE, 4" MBRP,Autometer,6.0 trans cooler, ITP, DP Tuner and cupholder upgrade
Former U.S.A. Res. MP & proud of it!

2005 Dodge 4x4 5.9 With some stuff done to it.

"If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist…you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot."
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 07:11 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post
ahh..I guess I was thinking the fuel was filtered past the tank but before it hit the pump.
nope, after the pump mr. honeywell
you have a surprisingly diverse signature, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmike View Post
as long as nothing smaller then 10 microns is between the
the filter outlet on the fass pump, anything that wears off the pump, if it is after the filter, (which it probably isn't) and your fuel injector then it is ok .
but that is a lot of pipe , hose , and a few connections from the middle of the truck , to the heads. Maybe some how purging the lines right before the last hook up would help some .

maybe i am just paranoid ...
not paranoid - just not familiar with the system
take a look at how it's set up when it's together, feed goes to water separator, up to pump, down from pump to filter, then out.
have you ever taken one apart? i just swapped pumps, so i can verify this for you. dennis @ ITP was also talking about this in another thread
the hose routing is not particularly overwhelming - you have the suction tube to the FASS (couple feet), then the return from the FASS to the filler neck (couple feet) and then the feed to the motor (i used 10'). it's pretty simple.

69W is right - you could even run a line from the FASS to the stock feed hardline after the pump, and then ditch the fuel bowl and just make some (3) feed connections - don't need the RR since the FASS is regulated.

2002 F250

Last edited by DarkShadowDiesel; 02-19-2008 at 12:04 AM.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Soon to be a 6.4

Send a message via AIM to lildevil02

Getting rod of that POS was the best mod that I had ever done, no more leaks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode