More fuel in the mail! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
you want some of this?

More fuel in the mail!

Took my injectors out tonight, sending them back to bean tomorrow afternoon. Going from stage two split shots to a 2?? cc single. Not sure exactly how big, just know its bigger than what I got now. Going to install valve springs, this week while the injectors are out, and replace the glow plugs AGAIN. Two of them had came apart. When I went to pull off the connector the top half of the glow plug came out with it....?? Cheap piece of crap. (autolite)
What was the brand that was supposed to be so good?
Several of the o-rings looked to be possibly leaking too. Hopefully this things gonna be like a brand new truck after getting it back together! Oh yeah, getting the tunes modded to run the singles by Jody.

2000 f-350 cc lb dually 4x4, BTS transmission
[email protected] 90 mph on MT mud tires and 8,000 #
coming soon--97 cc lb 4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Laces Out

Re: More fuel in the mail!

good luck man!!! i hope they work great for you!

08' F250 4x4 w/ 3:55's
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
you want some of this?

Thanks, I cant wait to get back to the track. But, what I really want is a second chance at the truck pulls coming up in a month or so. Stupid dodges.....
I got OWNED with a capitol p. No traction sucks big time.
I will be using the rules to my advantage next time.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorris View Post
........and replace the glow plugs AGAIN. Two of them had came apart. When I went to pull off the connector the top half of the glow plug came out with it....?? Cheap piece of crap. (autolite)
What was the brand that was supposed to be so good?
Motorcraft BERU glow plugs are less than $10 each from Autozone. Autolite are known to be crap. Good luck getting the other 1/2 of the broken one out. Some have soaked them in kroil or PB and then pressurized the cylinder through the injector cup. "pop" Others have driven it through and tried to retrieve it through the injector cup. Third option is to pull the head. Last option is to drive it in and pray it blows out without taking out a valve, piston or your turbine wheel. Use anti-seize in the replacement GP threads. Lead based anti-seize works best if you can find it. Copper is most common however.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
you want some of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haul_n_horses2 View Post
Motorcraft BERU glow plugs are less than $10 each from Autozone. Autolite are known to be crap. Good luck getting the other 1/2 of the broken one out. Some have soaked them in kroil or PB and then pressurized the cylinder through the injector cup. "pop" Others have driven it through and tried to retrieve it through the injector cup. Third option is to pull the head. Last option is to drive it in and pray it blows out without taking out a valve, piston or your turbine wheel. Use anti-seize in the replacement GP threads. Lead based anti-seize works best if you can find it. Copper is most common however.
Hopefully they will screw out. Only the center part came out. The threaded body is still in place. And, since they have only been in there about a year, and I did never sieze them when replaced, maybe they will come on out.
That would scare the crap out of me driving it in and hoping it went through the exhaust side. Especially the turbo.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
you want some of this?

Thanks for the info!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Village Idiot

maybe you can get one of those easy outs from sears..
kinda tapered reverse threaded chumpy. I have had some success with seberal items needing special attention..

not sure about glow plugs , I have never even bothered mine .
(kinda let sleeping dogs lay sorta thing)

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
you want some of this?

Valve springs came in today, bean should have the injectors sometime tomorrow.
Next question.
When you have a drop in fuel pressure, exactly what does it feel like/sound like?
More specificly, does it just start falling off on hp, or does it cut out like a rev limit? I have the truck apart, and no way to test. I'm just curious, because my rev limit should be around 3,900, and it would start acting like it was limiting around 3,400-3,500. Sounded just like the rev limiter coming in. Didnt do this with my old chip. Wondering maybe if the DP is throwing more at it , and causing lower fuel pressure.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 08:16 AM

Scott, in my experience the truck just quits pulling when it "runs out of fuel" and fuel pressure drops.

Not rough or anything, just kinda falls on its face.

hope that helps
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 PM
HP Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrob View Post
Not rough or anything, just kinda falls on its face.

That's exactly what mine does now, with my in cab fuel pressure gauge, you can actually watch the needle fall and feel the truck losing some of it's pull. Kind of neat to see and feel how it affects the truck at the same time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode