HPOP died need some opinions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

HPOP died need some opinions

Well my HPOP died its only pumping 200psi so the truck wont run im thinking about getting a new modded 17" pump from joey at terminator (does any one know what one costs?). My future plans are a set of stage 1 singles since i have PMRs. Or should i just get a new pump from Ford?

02 F-350 CC short box 4x4 106,000 miles, FFD Stage 1's PHP chip Stock, 80 DD, 65 Tow, 80 Tow, 120 Race, 4 inch exh, 6637, ITP overboost annihialater, 38R, TE Modded HPOP, EBPV Delete, Turbo Master Wastegate Controller, BTS VB, HPX Crossover line, CCV, ISSPRO gauges, 305 70 R16 Goodyear Duratrac

95 F-350 CCLB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 02:02 AM
PSN Local

Re: HPOP died need some opinions

If your gonna spend the money you should check out the adrenline pump from what ive heard about them there really great pumps.

2008 f-250 4x4 cclb - SOLD

2011 f-350 4x4 cclb fx4
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 02:12 AM
PSN Veteran

I'm happy with my Adreneline from Dieselsite, good performance and cheaper than a new stock pump from the dealer.

My question is how are u testing ur pump?
Do you have both HPO lines blocked so that the pump is isolated?
or are you just going off the ICP sensor reading? if your just going off the ICP sensor you could have an ICP leak rather than a bad pump.

Early 1999 (4/98) 7.3, Automatic, f-250 superduty, 4x4, crewcab, shortbed.

CCV Mod
knn intake
banks exhaust
banks power elbo
banks turbo housing
big head waste gate-disconnected
Tuning by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4 gauge pod with DiPricol pyro, boost, trans temp, HPOP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 02:16 AM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

Have you done some diagnosis to narrow it down the pump?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 02:31 AM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSTROKER View Post
I'm happy with my Adreneline from Dieselsite, good performance and cheaper than a new stock pump from the dealer.

My question is how are u testing ur pump?
Do you have both HPO lines blocked so that the pump is isolated?
or are you just going off the ICP sensor reading? if your just going off the ICP sensor you could have an ICP leak rather than a bad pump.
and Tom also. It would suck to spend the money on an HPOP and not need one. Altough in my opinion the Adrenaline would be an awesome upgrade to your motor. Joey's pump would work also.

Check either of their websites, you should find prices there.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 02:44 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S View Post
Have you done some diagnosis to narrow it down the pump?
Tom is correct. Clean your IPR and put a new O-ring set on it from Guzzle. Me thinks 200psi is a stuck IPR if you cranking speed is OK.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 02:50 AM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

What they said. But if it does end up being the pump, you won't go wrong with either company.

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 03:46 AM
PSN Veteran

I agree with everyone else. I can't comment on Joey's pump but I have the adrenaline and have had a lot of phone conversations with Bob & Sheryl @ Dieselsite. They are great and the customer service is great. The pump made a night & day difference in my truck. In my 60T tune it will peak @ 3250 psi and hold 3000-3100 psi @ wot to over 3000 rpm. I have seen 3800 rpm and it was still pulling as hard as at 2500 with a 13K lb touhauler on it. I got a little scared doing 90 with the trailer. I won't do it again but just wanted to see what it would do. That pump works.

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

the truck is at the ford dealer right now and that is what there telling me i was thinking ipr too but the mechanic took off at noon today so i didnt get a chance to talk to him. when it started acting up it was acting like a cam shaft sencer it cut out a few times then a few miles down the road it cut out twice and then died so i put a new cam shaft sencer in and it didnt fix it so i had the ford dealer hook on and they told me i was only getting 200 psi. but when i stoped this afternoon the fuel bowl and the ipr were both laying on the bench so im thinking they had a gage on the pump. i guess ill have to wait till tuesday to find out for sure.

02 F-350 CC short box 4x4 106,000 miles, FFD Stage 1's PHP chip Stock, 80 DD, 65 Tow, 80 Tow, 120 Race, 4 inch exh, 6637, ITP overboost annihialater, 38R, TE Modded HPOP, EBPV Delete, Turbo Master Wastegate Controller, BTS VB, HPX Crossover line, CCV, ISSPRO gauges, 305 70 R16 Goodyear Duratrac

95 F-350 CCLB
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 05:35 AM
PSN Veteran

Hey Cat, my Bosch pumps are $560 plus core shipped. The warranty is 2 years. They are not on my site yet...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode