F350 build Please make suggestions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

F350 build Please make suggestions

I am looking do some modifications to my 99.5 f350. It is a Crew Cab Long bed six speed, that is stock except for a 6637 filter. The truck has 126,000 on the clock. I am doing all of the mods to make the truck tow my 26 foot enclose trailer easier. Here is the list, if you see something you would change or add please feel free to let me know, this is my first diesel build. I will be adding injectors down the road and maybe a GT38R.

6 position chip either Tony wild man or PHP
4 or 5 inch exhaust havenít decided yet
ATS compressor housing
Dieselsites CPRX fuel system
Dieselsites coolant bypass
Dieselsites high pressure oil cross over line
Adrenaline HPOP
Cooling mist VC2 FS Diesel or the Diesel EGT water injection
Boost, pryo meter, and fuel pressure gauges.
Also a Dual Steering stabilizer.

99.5 F350 CC LB HAND SHAKER 09 tow mirrors. QSSB with Irate mount. 4inch exhuast PHP Chip, Adrenaline HPOP. Home made Fuel system with TSD Sump, Banks Intercooler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 09:51 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: F350 build Please make suggestions

PM sent

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks fo the pm Keep the suggestions coming!

99.5 F350 CC LB HAND SHAKER 09 tow mirrors. QSSB with Irate mount. 4inch exhuast PHP Chip, Adrenaline HPOP. Home made Fuel system with TSD Sump, Banks Intercooler.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Fode

I've heard alot of guys say go with 5in exh. but I think a 4in will do you just fine and they are cheaper
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 04:22 PM
All done now

Anything over 4" is just for sound.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Anything over 4" is just for sound.
Thanks

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 04:52 PM
<--before leveler & block

i believe you dont need the cross-over line if you are going with the adrenaline so that could be eliminated from your list...i think

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 2.5" leveler and F350 block, Swamps 200/30% injectors, Swamps tunes, GTP-38R, Valair: kevlar/ceramic clutch, 4inch exhaust, AFE stage 2,
DFA-regulated return, pre-pump mods, Isspro boost and pyro, scan gauge, ~420hp and 836tq
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 05:31 PM
<---Beer version of PMR's

As an alternative to spending the $450 on an ats housing, you could also consider just doing a wicked wheel, it cures sure for alot of people (not everyone) and also changing the turbine housing to a 1.0 or 1.15 non-wastegated; as this eliminates the EBPV which will help egts ( unless you plan on using the ebpv as a poorman's Jake brake). If you have the funds and plan on doing injectors at some point anyway, a set of hybrids like the 200cc/30% would eliminate the need for an adrenalin. You would want the 38r at that point, tho they could be tuned to work well with the modded stock turbo until you could spring for the BB. You'd like a set of powerslot rotors and hawk pads and some airbags/ helwig anti-swaybar ect. Good luck

Tuning by Sniper
Transmishing by John Wood
Breathing by AFE
Exhausting by Pinncle
Monitoring by me and Isspro
Compressing by Wicked Wheel
Wasting by Turbomaster
Stopping by Powerslot
Lifting by Donahoe
Rolling by Toyo
Protecting by Ranch Hand, God, and Ruger
Addiction by
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

by Garrett, Alliant, ITP, DP-Tuner
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven3Leeter View Post
As an alternative to spending the $450 on an ats housing, you could also consider just doing a wicked wheel, it cures sure for alot of people (not everyone) and also changing the turbine housing to a 1.0 or 1.15 non-wastegated; as this eliminates the EBPV which will help egts ( unless you plan on using the ebpv as a poorman's Jake brake). If you have the funds and plan on doing injectors at some point anyway, a set of hybrids like the 200cc/30% would eliminate the need for an adrenalin. You would want the 38r at that point, tho they could be tuned to work well with the modded stock turbo until you could spring for the BB. You'd like a set of powerslot rotors and hawk pads and some airbags/ helwig anti-swaybar ect. Good luck
Thanks. I dont want the WW I have read it just reduces air flow.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 07:57 PM
PSN Local

I did not see this in your list. But first and foremost you will want to upgrade the tranny cooler. I wouldnt change 1 part on that truck till i addressed the transmission first , otherwise you will be kicking yourself later. Either a 6.0 tranny cooler or a dieselsite tru cool max. This will be your first PROBLEM in the 99.5 the coolant bypass is a good start for the tranny but you will need more. Also a JW or BTS valve body would be a good addition ...... then when funds allow it a good convertor. You will be suprised what the 7.3 will do just with a tuner and exhaust. Tranny will be your issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode