Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

coolant in my oil

952 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Choupique108 
#1 ·
my truck is dumping coolant into my oil...no smoke and still runs good..I have been planing on a build this winter and gathering parts but I found this today..
96-03 FORD 7.3 POWERSTROKE REMAN DIESEL ENGINE : eBay Motors (item 250468652847 end time Jul-15-10 04:43:10 PDT)

where I'm from finding a good machine shop is hard to come by...the price for this motor with APR head studs and 910 springs is $4000.00 to my door and sending my core back...i asked if it was a PMR or Forged motor..they told me it has steel rod's but didn't say what type of steel...what are your thoughts on this..build my own or start with this?? I'm looking for a strong 500 HP out of this build.....i dont race or sled pull with my truck..its a DD and part time camper/toy hauler..but i do like the feel of 500 HP and do like to show the dodge and chevy guy's what a little ole 7.3 can do...

i would rather spend my cash with a sponsor here..so if any of you can help me out please PM me a price...thanks guy's

#5 ·
i did the oil cooler 3 years ago..yes very messy... how would i know for sure?? what do i look for if it was a injector cup??..like i said..she still runs strong..lost no power..just the coolant is getting low and the she is gaining on the oil...

#6 ·
you can get a short block from DI for 3,500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.