What does a Modded 17 HPOP mean? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

What does a Modded 17 HPOP mean?

Hey I'm looking to get a new HPOP for my baby, but Im not too sure on what some terminology means. Like what is a modded HPOP and what does the 17,18,19 and 20 degree mean? Also I need some help in deciding which pump I should get, I've heard alot about the Adrenaline and I like the price but is it a good pump? What about Stealth and Terminator pumps? Here in the very near future I plan on buying a 38R and seems like I'm going to get a set of 238/80 injectors after that. The truck is my daily driver and I sometimes tow with it. Anyways hope to hear from you guys on this I really need the info as I'm still learning about all of this stuff. Thanks for the help.

2003 F-250 Super Duty 7.3L, AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake, AFE Intake Manifold, AFE 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, DP Tuner F6 (40Tow, 80Econo, 120Race), Snow Performance MPG MAX Water/Methonal Injection, Adrenaline HPOP, Zoodad Mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: What does a Modded 17 HPOP mean?

So searhcving those terms will get you most al the info you are asking for but I will try to give so basic facts:

Modded 17 HPOP : means a standard OEM Bosch 17 degree HPOP that has had some of the inefficiencies removed. By doing this it allows the pump to flow more freely so you pick up some performance. [email protected] Terminator is the one best known for these in which it is a new bosch pump that then has as I understand it what equates to a port and polish job. He offers 2 yr warranty.

Next you have the Adrenaline. It based off a remanf Bosch HPOP pump where not only does it have some of the basic done to it like the modded pump above but is changed to a 19 degree plate which allows for even more flow. All the work of building it etc is done in house by [email protected] diesel site. It to comes with a 2 yr warranty. It has I would say been the most popular hpop for those with stock up to 100% nozzle hybrids for close to the last year. Reviews have been very positive by the overwhelming % of users. It is suppose to flow about 30% over stock

Stealth comes as a upgradeable design for flow performance. It starts with the Stage I that flows a full 50% over stock to a stage 2 that flows 2x stock or 100% over. Stage III which a full 150% over stock. They are built from the ground up new custom pump. You can start with a stage I and if you needed to send it in to have it upgraded to a stage II etc.. Beans is the goto for these.

It seems you are asking about eh moderately increased flow pumps not he big oil as there are lot more of those.

The price of the :

Modded 17 HPOP from Term $560 + core
Adrenaline from Dieselsite are $589 + core
Stealth Stage I is $1699.00

Be warned that HPOP threads tend to run almost as volatile as tuner chip threads. Many camps with invested interests. IMO they are all good pumps its more what you are in need in terms of flow. Modded 17, Adrenaline, Stealth Stage I in order of flow rate as far as I can tell.

As the Stealth Stage I is part of this I think you should also mention / include Swamps Gen 3 as it is the same price @ $1699 It it big oil. It is a add on pump to work with your existing stock HPOP. It will give you 2x the flow(my assumption). You are now running a dual pump setup which can have positive and negatives but the reviews I have read on the Gen 3 have been very good. You can read more about it here Swamp's Webstore - Gen3 High Pressure Oil Pump

I have not included the Diesel site Pulse or Overdrive $999 as they have not yet been cleared for daily driving with a written warranty but they to offer very good perf increases as well. The Overdrive in particular is very exciting IMO.

anyways that is my take on it and the info off the top of my head. I am sure others can fill in at to or correct anything needing it.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 02:02 AM
PSN Veteran

The Adrenaline has a 90 day warranty but I have only heard of one problem of all pumps sold. If I had to change a hpop tomorrow I would never put a stock one in my truck. I wrenched for a living until a few years ago. We done a lot of dealer work and every time a 7.3 came in I would hook up a Snap On Modis and hit the road. It seems to me the chances of getting a good stock 17* pump is about 50%. I would definately upgrade to the adrenaline or Joey`s modded 17 before I put ANY new or remanufactured stock hpop on any truck.

Matt

E99 F350 ECSB SRW 4x4 ZF6 3.73 Adrenaline HPOP, chip, tymar

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Hey thanks TARM, so far whenever I've had a question you have always been there to answer it, I really appreciate that. I'm a 24 yr old Air Force guy and I just bought this truck when I got back from Iraq in early Oct and I'm trying to build this thing up right and not be your standard newb I guess. Anyways It does seem to be the Adrenaline would prolly be the way to go for me, I've only heard one bad thing about it from my searches so far.

2003 F-250 Super Duty 7.3L, AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake, AFE Intake Manifold, AFE 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, DP Tuner F6 (40Tow, 80Econo, 120Race), Snow Performance MPG MAX Water/Methonal Injection, Adrenaline HPOP, Zoodad Mod.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 03:24 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARM View Post

Modded 17 HPOP from Term $560 + core

Are you sure about that... ?? Are you talking T-1 or just a modded pump. If your just talking a modded pump then it is ALOT cheaper then that...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 AM
I like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessnakid View Post
Hey thanks TARM, so far whenever I've had a question you have always been there to answer it, I really appreciate that. I'm a 24 yr old Air Force guy and I just bought this truck when I got back from Iraq in early Oct and I'm trying to build this thing up right and not be your standard newb I guess. Anyways It does seem to be the Adrenaline would prolly be the way to go for me, I've only heard one bad thing about it from my searches so far.
Tarm is has helped me out a lot to. He is a big benfit to the site when it comes to great info. Southmike helps a lot to.

As for a modded 17 pump I think the price is close if you buy a new one from joey but if you have one modded its super cheap.

Out of all the pumps listed I would choose joey cause I know he backs his work up a 100%. Also he can rebuild them.

I have been wondering. What kind of warranty does stealth have and how much does it cost to rebuild one?

08 duramax ccsb efi live, air dog 2, isspros, 5 inch exhaust and some other cool things. 2001 duramax 2wd (Project truck)
Once had a signature that had some bad ass stuff on it. Now its back to crap.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 04:00 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE-STROKE View Post
As for a modded 17 pump I think the price is close if you buy a new one from joey but if you have one modded its super cheap.

Out of all the pumps listed I would choose joey cause I know he backs his work up a 100%. Also he can rebuild them.
That is what I am saying, he wouldn't need to buy a pump... I think it is under a 100 bucks to have it modded...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 04:07 AM
I like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layson View Post
That is what I am saying, he wouldn't need to buy a pump... I think it is under a 100 bucks to have it modded...
Unless its getting week. Then it will be a lot more.

08 duramax ccsb efi live, air dog 2, isspros, 5 inch exhaust and some other cool things. 2001 duramax 2wd (Project truck)
Once had a signature that had some bad ass stuff on it. Now its back to crap.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 04:51 AM
All done now

I would and did choose the Adrenaline. Bob at Dieselsite, will also stand behind his work.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 04:53 AM
All done now

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode