Help in Minneapolis - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Help in Minneapolis

Well I was gonna put in my ats housing and turbomaster wastegate to day, but i got in there and no way was I gonna get it, maybe the housing but not the wastegate. I am no way capable of taking the turbo off. Anyone within an hour or so of minneapolis that could help me out, I can pay ya if ya want. Thanks

2002 F250 7.3 PSD
Dyno Proven Tunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 07:32 PM
HP Junky

Re: Help in Minneapolis

It really isn't that tough if you've got the right tools. After yo've done it once or twice it's actually quite simple. Just take your time.

The hardest part is the clamp on the rear of the turbo.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 08:36 PM
PSN Veteran

I would pull the turbo if you can, might be easier for you. Where are you in Mpls?

2002 F350 Reg Cab,4x4,7.3,6Spd.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 PM
dinnerbooter treasurer

I would help if possible but I am a little too far away. Like said earlier the hardest part is the clap on the back of the turbo. I used a long (really long) screw driver to tap it off from under the truck. If you need any help feel free to pm me I will get back to you faster.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dinnerbooter #3
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I think I got it figured out, looked at it a little better and took a breath. Gonna do it tomorrow now. genuineford, what clamp are you talking about on the back of the turbo, the c-clip on the wastegate? Im also putting on a turbomaster wastegate, should be a nice combo, at least for the stock POS turbo.

2002 F250 7.3 PSD
Dyno Proven Tunes
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 10:35 PM
HP Junky

Try reading through these and see if they help you out. There really isn't a lot to removing the turbo, just takes a little time. After you do it a few times theres nothing to it, I can have mine off in less than 30 minutes.

http://www.dieselinnovations.com/tec...structions.pdf

Those are the instructions for installing a GT-38R turbo, but it will be the same for your stocker
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 10:42 PM
They call me Reverend

when you put on the turbo master wastegate make sure you get the arm on the wastegate on the right way, the directions are not very clear or I just don't read well. your know if it is wrong because the rod from the controller will bind.

01 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Short Box 4x4,4" Magnaflow turbo back exhaust,DIY 6637 air intake,Edge Juice with Attitude,Warn Manual Hubs,6.0 Trans Cooler,B&M Trans Temp Gauge,ATS housing,Turbo Master Wastegate Controller,Banks transcommand,CCV mod,coolant filter

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 10:45 PM
dinnerbooter treasurer

If you are pulling the turbo off it is the V-band clamp that connects the up pipes to the turbo.

ON edit: I have a picture with the turbo off.

You can browse through those pictures. They are from when I had mine off and installed a WW. Don't mind the messy garage it is my dads. The clamp I am talking about is the one that goes on the collector from the up pipes. It is to the right of my down pipe.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 10:50 PM
train wrecker

if you need any help tomorrow im open in the morning.
i work off of 94 and cretin at 1:30pm so any time before that works.

p.s. throw those c-clips away! napa has some that are ALOT easier to use i got some at home if you want them?(cant remember the part #)

02 f250 4"superlift,35toyo mts ,6637intake,5"exhaust,dptuner, aihdelete, gt38r bb, stealth, scan gauge,evans coolant&dieselsite filter,203stat with billet housing,autometer pyro,boost vegistroked
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

ok gotcha, im gonna do it with the turbo on, got my 12pt sockets, u-joint adapter, extension, extra c-clips, anythin else i need?

2002 F250 7.3 PSD
Dyno Proven Tunes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode