T444e tuning? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Here for the party....

T444e tuning?

I am wanting to get into enclosed car hauling, but do not want to use my truck for the job. I want to buy the right equipment for the weight range I would be working in. What I am interested in is the lo pro 4700 series internationals, particularly the ones with the 7.3 in them and a 6 speed. Now, seeing as they are basically the same motor, can the same mods apply to them as what's in our pickups? I figure one of our tuning gurus could tune it, and possibly injectors and turbo as well. I've towed heavier than I should with my pickup so I know it'll handle it, but I want the suspension, brakes, etc to handle gvw of ~30k lbs with ease. Any insight? Discussion? Sounds like a cool idea!

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe, Crystal Red Tintcoat, LOADED
2014 Ford Mustang GT, 5.0, Race Red, 6 speed

Currently Stroke-less
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 02:02 AM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S
Re: T444e tuning?

PHP might do tuning for that application. Not sure on anyone else.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 AM
you want some of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S View Post
PHP might do tuning for that application. Not sure on anyone else.

Got some tunes through swamps from Bill for a school bus I worked on for a guy. T444e with a allison. Ran pretty good, although bigger injectors would have been necessary if it was my school bus. hahaha
Cant pull but so much power out of those little a codes.

2000 f-350 cc lb dually 4x4, BTS transmission
[email protected] 90 mph on MT mud tires and 8,000 #
coming soon--97 cc lb 4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 04:52 PM
PSN Local

Bill can tune 98 and older T444E's if they use the Ford PCM and IDM. The newer ones with the diamond logic PCM/IDM he has'nt dove into yet.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 08:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Mighty View Post
I am wanting to get into enclosed car hauling, but do not want to use my truck for the job. I want to buy the right equipment for the weight range I would be working in. What I am interested in is the lo pro 4700 series internationals, particularly the ones with the 7.3 in them and a 6 speed. Now, seeing as they are basically the same motor, can the same mods apply to them as what's in our pickups? I figure one of our tuning gurus could tune it, and possibly injectors and turbo as well. I've towed heavier than I should with my pickup so I know it'll handle it, but I want the suspension, brakes, etc to handle gvw of ~30k lbs with ease. Any insight? Discussion? Sounds like a cool idea!
Jody can tune for that type of engine. We usually get people who only want a single position chip, but have done up to 4 position chip.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 08:44 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Bill can tune 98 and older T444E's if they use the Ford PCM and IDM. The newer ones with the diamond logic PCM/IDM he has'nt dove into yet.
do they just use a manual transmission PCM?

2013 ccsb 4x4-stock
99 ccsb 4x4- built to the hilt, wife's DD!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 08:57 PM
PSN Veteran

Im curious also I just traded one of these trucks in and I want to know if there is anything on it that could be beneficial to my truck?? It has the 6spd trans. Whats the differences between the pcms and idms?

00 f250 some stuff done always more to do.
Best advice I have seen on here "If you cant afford to build it right you certainly cant afford to build it twice"
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 10:34 PM
PSN Local

Its ford's PCM but not ford's programming, a powerstroke PCM won't work in a IH truck. I think the IDM's are the same though. The IH's also have an additional module and I think its called the personality module, its what tells the PCM if its a 175, 210, or 230Hp motor. I've always wondered if you got that module out of a wrecked truck with a 230hp motor, and put it in a 175hp what would happen. humm???

About 6 years ago we had a T444E(175hp) with one of Bills chips, and the chip brought it up to a 230hp motor, then we added injectors and then she really ran good. It went from 30 mph on a 6% grade to 60 mph, full loaded 22k lbs.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 02:41 PM
PSN Veteran

we had one that was 175hp, what a turd. i always wanted to put some stage 1's and a chip on it but was afraid the pos at545 wouldnt hold the power.

2013 ccsb 4x4-stock
99 ccsb 4x4- built to the hilt, wife's DD!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode