Who else has a MECHANICAL in-cab fuel pressure guage, isspro or other? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Who else has a MECHANICAL in-cab fuel pressure guage, isspro or other?

I believe I have narrowed my problem down to an isolator problem, but I would like to see if anyone has successfully hooked one of these to their 99-03 7.3 trucks. I would like to know how you plumbed it. I can't be the first to do this. But, I have spent much too much time on this guage. It causes my engine to make very unhappy noises, either tapping or whining. Thanks

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Banned

Re: Who else has a MECHANICAL in-cab fuel pressure guage, isspro or other?

I know you went to great lengths to all caps that word in the title. Coincidentally, you also capitalized the very reason you have a fuel pressure gauge issue.

Lose the part in caps.

Yes, I realize that for some reason you are bound and determined to run a MECHANICAL fuel pressure gauge. No, I don't know why you feel the need to listen intently to the sounds of every injection event pressure shock through the fuel rails by means of running a line directly from them into the cab with you.

Solution whether you're willing to do it or not:

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...gid=2635&sid=7

Then just pick the style you want.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I hear ya, but why the [email protected]#k do they sell them if they can't work properly? Talking to isspro, they act as if they can't believe it and have never heard of such a problem. Also, I would like the guages to match and I have 5 other isspros that look great.

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Banned

Sucks. Ask them what they thought 15 or so thousand psi pulses would sound like coming into the cab.

And then tell them to try and act like it's not 1926 and get off their asses and make an electric fuel pressure gauge.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Fat Kids Rule!

Send a message via AIM to House

I have an elteric automoeter with isloator on my truck plumbed in back of fuel bowl

Joe "House" Kupferschmid
1995 F250 7.3 2.6 zf6 Puller
2006 Chevy 3500 CC DRW LBZ, Tow Slut
SOLD:2000 F350 harvester of sorrow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 04:43 PM
PSN Veteran

Clydesdale,
I know we have discussed this on a few threads already. Sorry if you have already answered these questions and I missed it:

1) Which isolator are you using?

2) Are you plumbed into the back of the fuel bowl?

3) Which model of Airdog are you using? I would like to contact the manufacturer and see if their unit introduces any high frequency pulses while removing air from the fuel.

4) (new question): Is it possible to take an audio recording of the noise?

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

95 F350 CC DRW, ISSPRO Performax gauges, Diamond Eye 3x4" DP & 5" exh, MBRP tip, Baby Swamps & tunes, Trans VB mods, Dunrite TC, Lock-Right, Cal-Tracs
99 Silverado race truck
96 F250 RCLB, bone stock
00 Jetta TDI, Kerma Tunes, Der Chimera Stg 3 clutch
73 & 74 Vega race cars, 92 GMC Typhoon, 73 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 73 Trans-Am 455
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks Mike, I would love any help you could give me. I am using the isolator that dieselmanor sells. http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/DM-CGI2240.asp

Yes, I have it plumbed into the back of the fuel bowl. In the upper port on the driver's side, the truck made a very nasty whine. In the lower port on the passenger's side, it made a nasty valve tapping type sound. I have driven this truck for 6 years, I can tell something is off after the motor is on for a few seconds. Here is the thread with the sound clip of the whine on youtube:
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...advise-184496/
The airdog that I have is the model that itp sells:
http://www.itpdiesel.com/store.php?c...on=show_detail

As it stands now, I sent the isolator back to dieselmanor. David has been great and is going to send me a new isolator. When it arrives, I will plumb the braided hose and plug it and test just the hose. Then I will cap the guage side of the isolator, hook the fuel hose to the isolator and test the hose/isolator combo. If all is good, I will hook the line to the guage.

I cannot believe how much trouble I have had with this guage setup. I really hopes this solves the problem. I have called isspro for help as well and even asked if they could make me an electric guage to match my other ev series. I thank you for anything you can figure out.
I can tell you so far that it has something to do with the isolator or the guage, because the truck runs fine if I hook the braided hose to the back of the fuel bowl and just plug the end of the hose and not hook it to the isolator. Thanks

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 05:09 PM
PSN Veteran

Thanks for the info, I am sending an inquiry to Airdog to see if their system puts any pulsations onto the system. Would you be willing to try a different isolator? I have a prototype of one we are working on, and it may help things out. We can also try a couple of different snubbers.

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

95 F350 CC DRW, ISSPRO Performax gauges, Diamond Eye 3x4" DP & 5" exh, MBRP tip, Baby Swamps & tunes, Trans VB mods, Dunrite TC, Lock-Right, Cal-Tracs
99 Silverado race truck
96 F250 RCLB, bone stock
00 Jetta TDI, Kerma Tunes, Der Chimera Stg 3 clutch
73 & 74 Vega race cars, 92 GMC Typhoon, 73 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 73 Trans-Am 455
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Yes, I would be willing to try whatever you suggest. Are you familiar with the isolator that Diesel Manor sells? They are a large ISSPro distributer. I appreciate any help you can give me in getting this gauge right. I don't think the Air Dog will cause a problem, because it feds the factory pump.
Thank you very much.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 04:56 AM
PSN Newb

clyde,

finished my itp reg return with fuel bowl delete today. I put the fuel pressure guage that came with the kit on my fpr and ran it at 75 psi. Tommorow I will hook up the DM isolator into the fpr port and the Isspro guage for a temporary sound check for you. I will not be running it into the cab just yet cuz I dont have the time. Im not sure how much this will help you as we are hooking into two different areas but its worth a shot. I too have all Isspro, so I feel for you.

AJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode