New HPOP or Regulated Fuel Return? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

New HPOP or Regulated Fuel Return?

Well after I get a 38R what do you guys think I should get? A new HPOP or a regulated fuel return line? I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck so I was curious as to which one would make the most difference.

2003 F-250 Super Duty 7.3L, AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake, AFE Intake Manifold, AFE 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, DP Tuner F6 (40Tow, 80Econo, 120Race), Snow Performance MPG MAX Water/Methonal Injection, Adrenaline HPOP, Zoodad Mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:19 AM
All done now

Re: New HPOP or Regulated Fuel Return?

I would do the HPOP, you will notice a bigger difference with it, than you will a regulated return on stock sticks.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 12:07 PM
PSN Local

ya i would get hpop like arisley said that will be the most bang for your buck. talk to some of our sponsors and theyll make you a good deal on a pump.

2008 f-250 4x4 cclb - SOLD

2011 f-350 4x4 cclb fx4

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Waitin' on 500

i have the regulated return and i noticed a some what big difference on stock injectors. I cant say about a HPOP bc i dont have one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Single Cab Dually
S366 w/Irate mount and plenums, EFuel, Intercooler, P.I.S 175/80s,
Corbeau seats w 08 console, 19.5s, Black Interior with swede headliner and visors,
Custom badges, Flight Fab/DIY traction bars.

2012 CCSB F250 Ultimate Lariat.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 06:10 PM
PSN Veteran

I'd get the RR. I'd rather have injectors without air runnin through them than say 75% effective injectors due to low hpo

99.5 F250, 4x4, Lariat, CC/SB, 4r100 Gauges, Intake, Exhaust, Lots of black/smoked parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360
Gamertag; See Ya LATER 73
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Addicted

hpop will make the biggest difference but the regulated return should be done even with stock injectors, should run smoother, modded hpop or adre, you can build your RR for less than a 100 bucks, pm me and i will build one for you
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 01:49 AM
riverjet

I noticed a nice difference with ITPrr with stock injectors.

2001 f250 xlt reg cab 4x4,7.3 stock injectors,water/meth,ITP rr,walbro,5/8 pu,BD/MANN ccv,DP F5,OILGUARD,stock turbo,WW,ATS,1.0 exh.housing,high flow outlet,MBRP4",Billet 3-disk,built trans,Billsteins,11 ISSPRO PERFORMAX gauges,Scan gauge,08 rear cover,350 blocks,x-springs,AFE stg2/pg7,P265/75r16 NITTO Terragrapplers.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 03:44 AM
PSN Veteran

What is the condition of your current HPOP and what one would you be looking at getting as a replacement? What is your fuel pressure doing under WOT conditions? I can not see how it can be known how much improvement one would make over the other with out known these things. Which of the two is in the worst shape that is the one I would upgrade.

On the RR, would this only be the basic RR or more of a fuel system with the elimination of the fuel bowl and added pre and post pump filtering?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode