twins? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

twins?

i don't know chit about turbos so i have a question that may have been asked before but i searched and came up empty handed. I have a GTP38R now and need to upgrade to something bigger BC of the smoke from my injectors so i was wondering if it would be beneficial to buy a H2E and plum them for twins or if that would be a wast of time, thanks for the help in advance.

2000 PSD 6" lift, 35" bfg TKO, 6" stacks, pro comp traction bars, 238 hybrids with 200% nozzles, k&n cold air, s476, irate t4, head studs, TDP custom chip, FASS SYSTEM,ITP fuel bowl delete and regulated return, 20* swamps hpop,custom transmission,chromoly axles,chromoly push rods and high rev springs from Carson Stauffer,and some giggly juice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 06:18 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: twins?

wont work you need something much larger than the h2e to feed the 38r.

2013 ccsb 4x4-stock
99 ccsb 4x4- built to the hilt, wife's DD!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

would it even be worth keeping it on there to use for low end and if so what size charger are you talking that i would need for the 38R

2000 PSD 6" lift, 35" bfg TKO, 6" stacks, pro comp traction bars, 238 hybrids with 200% nozzles, k&n cold air, s476, irate t4, head studs, TDP custom chip, FASS SYSTEM,ITP fuel bowl delete and regulated return, 20* swamps hpop,custom transmission,chromoly axles,chromoly push rods and high rev springs from Carson Stauffer,and some giggly juice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 06:35 PM
dinnerbooter treasurer

something like a GT4788.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

were would i get one of those and how much fuel could i run with it, could it still be streetable?

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Running at last...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73smoker View Post
were would i get one of those and how much fuel could i run with it, could it still be streetable?
I have thought about doing that same setup GTP38R Turbo with .84 A/R housing,(for fast spool up) and tying the waste gate closed, Then put on a external waste gate for better control. Than putting on a GT4788 or A GT5594 They both are Ball bearing Turbos. And than I would you the .95 or 1.08 A/R And use a external waste gate for that turbo to. Then get everything ceramic coated for better spool up. It would be very streetable and work good for towing.

Let us know what you do.. Head studs would be a must.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

i guess i would have to figure out were to get either one of those turbos. what kind of boost do you think i would be looking at with that combination?
also is there anything that was built with either one of those turbos on it from factory?

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 07:19 PM
HRT Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke cowboy View Post
I have thought about doing that same setup GTP38R Turbo with .84 A/R housing,(for fast spool up) and tying the waste gate closed, Then put on a external waste gate for better control. Than putting on a GT4788 or A GT5594 They both are Ball bearing Turbos. And than I would you the .95 or 1.08 A/R And use a external waste gate for that turbo to. Then get everything ceramic coated for better spool up. It would be very streetable and work good for towing.

Let us know what you do.. Head studs would be a must.
Other than your housings being too tight that would work pretty well. Chuck's truck is running a 1.15 housing on the 38R with a 44mm gate and he still recognizes that as the choke point in the system. I'm not sure what gate he is running on his 47.

FWIW I've got a compounded truck running a modded H2E and a 95mm atmosphere in the shop right now and it is quite fun to drive. I'll be adding a wastegate to the H2E in the very near future to attempt to control the boost... 70psi in the street tune is just too much. I need to get it so its only around 80psi or so in the race tune and I am sure that both myself and the truck's owner will be happy.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Running at last...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73smoker View Post
i guess i would have to figure out were to get either one of those turbos. what kind of boost do you think i would be looking at with that combination?
also is there anything that was built with either one of those turbos on it from factory?
I do not know if anything came with those turbos on it from the factory..

As for Boost if you had every waste gate closed...80 psi should be easy to hit.

But with a good set off head studs 65 psi should be safe.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

forgive my ignorance is the h2e the primary and the 95mm your secondary?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode