A few questions? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

A few questions?

my vehicle is the one in the signature below and i drive it on the street and i noticed that it smokes pretty much all the time with the injectors i have, i noticed with reading on here that there are people with way bigger injectors and the same turbo as me and they get no smoke to drive on the road. Is that done from having it live tuned and to still get all the fuel i want for truck pulling?

2000 PSD 6" lift, 35" bfg TKO, 6" stacks, pro comp traction bars, 238 hybrids with 200% nozzles, k&n cold air, s476, irate t4, head studs, TDP custom chip, FASS SYSTEM,ITP fuel bowl delete and regulated return, 20* swamps hpop,custom transmission,chromoly axles,chromoly push rods and high rev springs from Carson Stauffer,and some giggly juice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 04:34 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: A few questions?

There is number of things. Boost leaks, injector orings, and so on. Have you had the chip tuned to all of youre mods?

2000 F350 CC SB Lariate
Afew exstras
All brought together by Tony Wildman
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dale

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

yea i just had it done bc i just changed my nozzles to 200% over stock and put new o rings on all of them

2000 PSD 6" lift, 35" bfg TKO, 6" stacks, pro comp traction bars, 238 hybrids with 200% nozzles, k&n cold air, s476, irate t4, head studs, TDP custom chip, FASS SYSTEM,ITP fuel bowl delete and regulated return, 20* swamps hpop,custom transmission,chromoly axles,chromoly push rods and high rev springs from Carson Stauffer,and some giggly juice

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 08:57 PM
PSN Veteran

200% nozzles are big for a 38R. I do not know very many that are running 38R with 200% nozzles. You can only tune a nozzle down so low. You have to deal with low atomization of fuel etc. This can be/is usually compensated for with more air flow from a larger turbo. I would think a 38R with 200% is going to be smokey even with good tuning. I could be wrong though. From what I have seen nozzle size is what controls the driving characteristics combined with air flow. Running NOS I am sure helps on the track use up the extra fuel but not for DD. The large majority running a single 38R's are using 80%-100% nozzles. Usually on 238-250cc hybrids. Others with far more experience can give better info than I on it but that's based on what I have learned so far.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

thanks for the help anyone else with more experience with this kind of situation?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 07:54 PM
PSN Veteran

I think there is a thread on here about 238 with 200% nozzles. Should be in the last 2-5 pages of this forum. There is another thread as well speaking about it by the same person that started that thread also has some more info. I believe David of DI just ran his truck with something like a 38R and 200%
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 AM
PSN Veteran

yeah basically in a nutshell...thats too much fuel for that turbo..

The 2 options would be a bigger charger or smaller nozzles and seeing as you just switched from smaller nozzles i doubt option 2 is much intrest to you.

Look into an H2e or s400 setup as either of these can be custom tailored to youe needs/wants/likes

99.5 F250, 4x4, Lariat, CC/SB, 4r100 Gauges, Intake, Exhaust, Lots of black/smoked parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360
Gamertag; See Ya LATER 73

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode