Anyone located around New Holland/Lancaster PA area? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor

Anyone located around New Holland/Lancaster PA area?

Mods,
If you feel the need to move this, be my guest. I was simply putting this out there where it would get a lot of traffic.

I have a customer that drives across the country for a living, and lives in New Holland, PA. He had a small oil leak at one of the HPOP fittings (oring) and had a dealer in Utah replace the orings and a few other things and the leak stopped. He was driving back home and had issues with it in Nebraska, had it towed with his trailer to another Ford dealer and found that one of the HPOP lines had a hole in it because it was rubbing on a bracket from an "aftermarket fuel system" that we installed 40,000 miles previously. The Ford dealer in Utah told him to pound sand and that they werent responsible for it because of the aftermarket parts. The Ford dealer in Nebraska changed the line and sent him on his way. Needless to say, he has another oil leak and is wanting to get it repaired at a Ford dealer to see if there is anything that the place in Utah may have FUBAR'd and get it covered under warranty. He is trying to find a Ford Dealer that will work with people who install aftermarket parts.... Please let me know if there is such a place in the area. I find it funny that he drove the van 40,000 miles with no issues after the fuel system install, and only made it 640 miles after they did the repairs, yet it is the regulator bracket that came into question when the line blew.....

Thanks for all your help guys!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:00 AM
PSN Newb

Re: Anyone located around New Holland/Lancaster PA area?

I live in Lancaster and work in New Holland. The only game in town is New Holland Ford/Dodge/Toyota. I've had my personal truck in there a few times and they've been decent, never had a problem working around mods. They did misdiagnose a problem once, and after I had another shop fix it they refunded all the diagnosis and repairs they had charged me without a fight. Have him talk to Bill, he's the service writer for the fleet/diesel side. The next closest dealership is Wanner Ford in Ephrata, but I've never dealt with their service department.

More than likely New Holland Ford is probably the best bet for a dealership in the area as they are a large fleet dealership (half our fleet came from there) and they deal in alot of F450-750 trucks and LOTS of diesels. Their back shop is separate from the rest of the shop and is nothing but diesel.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:04 AM
PSN Local

Have him contact Jesse Beiler, E EBY Road in Leola, PA which is just west of New Holland. Jesse has/had a garage and mobil repair service and does road service for local firms. Jesse is/was an agent for Transfer-Flow fuel tanks. I've been away from that area for several years.

Early 99 F-250 XLT Extended Cab 4x2. XLE4 PCM, BTS Transmission, pre pump fuel filter,CCV Mod, DIY TYMAR, Coolant Filter, 48 Gal Transfer Flow Mid-Ship Fuel Tank

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 04:02 PM
PSN Newb

I didn't think he had a way to charge back to Ford for a warranty claim which this guy wants to do.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 05:05 PM
PSN Local

I wasn't thinking of warranty or warranty rebate when I suggested contacting Jesse. Fixing the problem was what I had in mind. Sometimes it is not worth shooting yourself in the foot when you have bigger problems.

Early 99 F-250 XLT Extended Cab 4x2. XLE4 PCM, BTS Transmission, pre pump fuel filter,CCV Mod, DIY TYMAR, Coolant Filter, 48 Gal Transfer Flow Mid-Ship Fuel Tank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode