Few ? and concerns - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Nastystroke

Few ? and concerns

I have a 01 F-550 6spd w/gear vendors overdrive, itp RR, 38R, CFM intake, ts 6pos chip w/ ts tuning, airdog, stock injectors. After installing all of the above i can only get 17psi and egt's would hit 1500 on extreme, is this normal? There is no signs of boost leaks or uppipe leaks.

Concern:
The chip accidently got pulled out during install of sirus and now truck will not fire with chip installed but fires when its not installed. I called ts and they had said the chip is most likely fried. Is it possible?

Who has good towing tunes to tow this beast:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 05:36 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Few ? and concerns

Matt @ Gearhead Automotive. Installed his chip on a all stock 2000 and can not hit over 1200 towing a 36ft camper in the econmy/tow mode. Also transmisson shifting is on point.

1997 Ford F-250 Sleeper Edition
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 06:24 PM
PSN Local

Do you have a boost fooler or tuning that doesn't need one? You should have more then 17psi... I'd keep checking for leaks and call Beans, gearhead or any chip tuner and they should be able to help trouble shoot the electronic side of things...

01 F250 6 speed reg. cab long bed, 6637, 4in. exhuast, Autometer EGT Boost Diff, 08 diff cover., Centrix Rotors, Hawk pads, 2in. level, 35s, South bend clutch

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Ticking time bomb

Cale at bts tunes =awesome

I wonder what my sig and avatar will get changed to now!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 07:14 PM
All done now

Tony at Total Deisel Performance can hook you up. If your chip is not fried, he can reformat it and put new tunes on it for you. If your chip is fried, he will start from scratch.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 08:00 PM
PSN Veteran

You fried your chip almost 100% sure. The fact you tried with and without to test it supports this.

IMO 1500 is way to hot with stock setup. I know you say no noticed boost leaks but what exactly do you mean by that? Did you just do a look and feel and called it good? Did you do a actual test with a boost leak detector? Boots can have slits or the IC? could have a hole that you will be hard pressed find without testing or pulling it all apart.

I have Matt's tunes and am very pleased. Throttle is not touchy. You get full use of it across the full range of the pedal. Life time free re-burns no matter what the upgrades you add. No need to use a boost fooler as he knows how to program the map. Have towed with his tunes and with no egt issue. (Of course anyone can lug a engine out)

One thing I do not see you list is a exhaust? Do you have a aftermarket one? If not I woudl add a 4" DP and back. While with stock turbo and injectors it will not have much effect on actual power it will have a noticeable effect on EGTS especially when towing. If you already do then obviously disregard.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 08:11 PM
PSN Veteran

The truck i installed Matt's tunes on still has the stock exhaust with the muffler intact. I have gotten the pipe to delete it just not installed it yet. I dont think that is a problem. Also I am still running stock size pipe on my OBS.

1997 Ford F-250 Sleeper Edition
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 02:41 AM
Village Idiot

You said you pulled out the chip durring a radio install, where were the keys...ie did you have power on..

I just bought an extra chip to swapout back and forth with BEANs , so I don't have down time. I am too poor to upgrade at once, but like my chip
I suppose I could sell it to you for cost if your in a bind...id like to say I did 150 on it..def not more,I know its not free but 100+ less then a new one. But maybe it just dumped the memory...hopefuly it is nothing or just the chip, the pcm doesn't like sparks either.

Noticing the trailer in your pic you will want custom tunes like bean matt etc as your tranny will like them much better, generic ts tunes are rough. A walker big truck muffler will also do 80% of a 4" system if money is tight.

So what are the egts like with no chip anyway?

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 04:51 AM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmike View Post
You said you pulled out the chip durring a radio install, where were the keys...ie did you have power on..

I just bought an extra chip to swapout back and forth with BEANs , so I don't have down time. I am too poor to upgrade at once, but like my chip
I suppose I could sell it to you for cost if your in a bind...id like to say I did 150 on it..def not more,I know its not free but 100+ less then a new one. But maybe it just dumped the memory...hopefuly it is nothing or just the chip, the pcm doesn't like sparks either.
Noticing the trailer in your pic you will want custom tunes like bean matt etc as your tranny will like them much better, generic ts tunes are rough. A walker big truck muffler will also do 80% of a 4" system if money is tight.

So what are the egts like with no chip anyway?
Exactly what I was hoping for. Not all programmers can reformat chips. Tony can.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Village Idiot

yikes typing on a cell makes all the text run together.

First I'd send your chip back to tony, see what they can do.

My short term memory has struck again looks like i gave 200 for the chip,
so you may be better off just getn another one from tony cause it would need a re-burn regardless even from tony. Unless you went with a re-burn bean, mat , php, di etc..

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode