Update on my truck - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 208 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
dinnerbooter treasurer

Update on my truck

After I put the engine from my obs in my truck and got my larger injectors in my truck devolved a miss. So i checked out the electrical end of things and had it tracked down to an injector. I could not pinpoint what injector as it did not have the miss at idle but anything over idle it was there and quite annoying. So I decided to pull the injectors out and send them in to be flow tested.

When I swapped engines it was the middle of winter and I did not have a lot of room to work so I was not able to do as good of job as I would have liked. After a month or so my truck devolved an oil leak so I decided as long as I was pulling the injectors and sending them in I would yank the engine and fix the oil leak and paint up the engine.

The injectors came back alright so I decided to pull the heads off. As I was pulling the heads I found a piece in one of the injector holes in the fuel hole. IT appears to be a piece of a spring or piece of wire. I am not really sure what it was but I believe this was getting into the fuel hole of one of my injectors and not allowing it to get enough fuel to make it fire properly causing it to miss.

While the engine was out Matt made the thread about the release of his cams so I started talking with my tuner about getting one of them and putting it in. It sounded like a good idea but with them not being tested very well I was leery about putting one in my basically daily driver vehicle. In the end I decided to order one and got my cam shipped out to the shop that does his grinding.

I finally got a chance to clean up my engine and thought I would share some pictures of it. At this point I am just waiting for the cam and I will be able to get the engine put back together. I still need to clean the front cover up a bit and the spacer that goes between the engine and trans. I was hoping to have it back together to take it down to Texas around the 4th of July.

A bung that I welded in for a future turbo oil return.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dinnerbooter #3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 208 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life
Re: Update on my truck

looks awesome steve! wana do mine next?

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
post #3 of 208 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
dinnerbooter treasurer

Not a chance, what a pita.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3

post #4 of 208 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life

lol im shootin for a complete build so it will get done in the process, plum crazy purple n grabber greeen with all the aluminum polished, its guna be time consuming as hell but worth it in the end

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
post #5 of 208 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
dinnerbooter treasurer

Well it sounds like the cam and injectors will be showing up early next week which will hopefully give me enough time to get it back together by the beginning of July. I may have to burn the candle at both ends and call in a couple favors but I should be able to get it done. I am waiting on some valve spring shims but I expect them to be in the beginning of next week also. If need be I can always put them in after the engine is assembled although it would be easier with the heads on the bench. I will defiantly have videos and some info about how I like it when it is back together. I plan on taking it to the track after I get back from TX and getting some new times.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3
post #6 of 208 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 12:54 AM
PSN Veteran

looking good, keep us informed

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day
post #7 of 208 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
dinnerbooter treasurer

Well damn I just ordered a Truetrac for my truck. At least I will be able to get more of the power to the ground now. Fricken trucks anyway.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3
post #8 of 208 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 01:34 AM
PSN Veteran

$$$ burnin a hole in your pocket

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day
post #9 of 208 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 03:49 AM
PSN Local

Looking like it coming together nicely, what supporting mods did you have vs now and what are your expectations HP or time wise?

Please take some under hood pics when all is done!

Early 99' F-250 Lariat LB 7.3
38r, 238/100 hybrids, head and main studs, 910's, DI pushrods, ported heads, matt's stage 1 cam, 0.030" over, forged rods, fully balanced, RR, 6637, 4" exhaust
post #10 of 208 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:35 AM
PSN Pretender

Nice!

Did you find out what the debris in the head was from?

The oil drain might be a bit low, but should work ok.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode