mixing B-CODE injectors? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

mixing B-CODE injectors?

kind of a dumb question but i was just wondering if you could mix b code injectors? i got 3 BI coded injectors and can get my hands on 5 BD code injectors for a decent price and was wondering,
1-if they could be just dropped in and mixed together?
2- get 3 more BD code injector tops (where the wire plugs in)
3- just use the injectors and put 8 AD injector tops (where the wire plugs in) on them?
4- just have to buy 3 more BD'S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:18 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: mixing B-CODE injectors?

I dont think you want to put then in and run them BI's are splits, BD's are singles, IIRC.
I would think you could make the BI singles with a P&B change?
but I am far from well informed. Solenoids should work
but then again see last remark in bold

E '99 F-350 CC LB, ZF6, IDP -T4i Mount, Comp. Fuel System, , Reg. Return, Comp Valve springs, ARP's, DI P- Rods, Adrenaline HPOP, Isspro's, Detroit Tru Trac

238/200
ISM HX50
Tyrant Tunes
South Bend DD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:24 AM
HRT Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUBBS View Post
kind of a dumb question but i was just wondering if you could mix b code injectors? i got 3 BI coded injectors and can get my hands on 5 BD code injectors for a decent price and was wondering,
1-if they could be just dropped in and mixed together?
2- get 3 more BD code injector tops (where the wire plugs in)
3- just use the injectors and put 8 AD injector tops (where the wire plugs in) on them?
4- just have to buy 3 more BD'S
Forgive me but I am going to pick on you some.

1) Only do this if you want your truck to run like ####. Mixing splits and single shot injectors with most likely different volumes and even spray tip patterns sounds like a good way to screw some chit up.
2) If you had to a pick a part that is the same between the two injectors it would be the solenoid - they just happen to be labeled for what injector is underneath and are really identical.
3) See above.
4)That would be the best route if you wanted to run B code injectors. Having them balanced and 7.3 tips installed on them would be a good idea to do at the same time.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:40 AM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

Buy three BD's.

Jason, could he swap the A code oil side on and buy some intensifiers and re-use the BD nozzles?

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodTractor View Post
Forgive me but I am going to pick on you some.

1) Only do this if you want your truck to run like ####. Mixing splits and single shot injectors with most likely different volumes and even spray tip patterns sounds like a good way to screw some chit up.
2) If you had to a pick a part that is the same between the two injectors it would be the solenoid - they just happen to be labeled for what injector is underneath and are really identical.
3) See above.
4)That would be the best route if you wanted to run B code injectors. Having them balanced and 7.3 tips installed on them would be a good idea to do at the same time.
your fine, nobody knows the answers unless the questions get asked thats why i asked i was sure if the some were splits and the others were singles, thank you for the info
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 04:13 PM
IDP
PSN Local

Or send them to your builder of choice and have them put new plungers and barrells just in the bi's and change the nozzles on all of them and you got a set b-codes. This would be the cheapest route probaly.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

can any injector builder do this? also what nozzels would be best to get put on, why not just leave the bcode nozzels on?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 12:24 AM
HRT Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUBBS View Post
can any injector builder do this? also what nozzels would be best to get put on, why not just leave the bcode nozzels on?
Any competent injector builder should be able to help you.The reason to swap tips is to make sure you have the correct injector spray pattern - some will argue how much this matters one way or another.

Jap - WTF are you talking about..... if you meant tearing down the BD injectors and installing those plunger and barrels into his A-codes to create hybrid injectors... then yes that might be doable.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode