Gauges - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Gauges

Hey guys?

I am looking to purchase gauges....

Could you tell me the temp ranges for Tran. EGT, and boost Im looking at 30 psi Im not needing more than that... any help would be great.. Im not a puller or racer but am getting a chip and exhuast after the guages

Thanks

2000 F 350 SD,4 door XLT Dually 197,000 7.3 Liter V8 Powerstroke
DIY Tymar air intake/ Foil Delete/ Wicked Wheel/ AIH Delete/Stancor GPR /Boost,Pyro,Tranny Gauges
Trucool Tranny Cooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:36 AM
Busted Knuckles

Re: Gauges

EGT you shouldn't let get past 1250 for any extended period, tranny temp I wouldn't let get over 240 but if you get up to 190 regularly you might wanna get a bigger cooler to keep them down and you should be fine on boost I think you don't run into trouble until like over 35#. That's what I go by anyhow other ppl may have slightly different numbers to give you. Good luck!

'97 Powerstroke SCLB:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
i have a couple friends that went balls deep in wyotech and when they got out they couldn't poor piss out of a boot if you put the directions on the sole
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Freedom is not free

These are the ones I have had installed for about the last 5 years.

2003 F250, Wildman tunes, Faubion trns, Swamps 175/146 SS,van turbo/WW, DI Intercooler, oilguard bypass, intank & pre-pump, reg return, Firestone air bags, Bilsteins, 350 HP/692 TQ
2000 Excursion- Pwrd by: T Wildman 6 pos chip, CT Performance Suspension, Riffraff Diesel Performance, J&M Tranny, 4" MBRP, 6637 filter, intank/prepump mods

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:44 AM
PSN Local

my boost gauge goes to 35psi, my egt goes to 1600*, my tranny goes to 250*. i dont think the tranny one need to go that high
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Custom Trailer Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDEng View Post
EGT you shouldn't let get past 1250 for any extended period, tranny temp I wouldn't let get over 240 but if you get up to 190 regularly you might wanna get a bigger cooler to keep them down and you should be fine on boost I think you don't run into trouble until like over 35#. That's what I go by anyhow other ppl may have slightly different numbers to give you. Good luck!

I'd go with a 40psi boost guage personally, since you can exceed 30 with a stock turbo. I would want to know how far past 30, and if you keep it at about 30psi or below your turbo will be happy.

1999.5 F350 PSD CC Dually 05' Conversion
Stage I's - Gearhead Tuning - BTS - PCS
F550 rear suspension

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:39 PM
PSN Newb

have you guys with the ISSPRO trans gauges ever have a problem with the gauge jumping around alot? Mine goes to 180 after a while (normal), then it'll shoot up to 320 then 2 seconds later jumpback down to like 190, then up again, then low again. I'm pretty sure it's an electronic interference, because when I turn my headlights on, it goes back to normal. Any ideas? other than that, I LOVE the ISSPRO gauges on the a-pillar.

1999, CC, 4X4, DRW, F350 with MFG flatbed
Tractor Supply tool boxes
10000 lb Warn winch
HID headlight conversion
CB radio with twin whips
zoodad mod
AFE stage II CAI
ISSPRO gauges in pillar (boost, egt, tranny)
5 in. straight pipe exhaust w/ 5 in. tip
DP-Tuner F5 chip with EX digital switcher
(ns, stock, Hi Idle, 80T, 60T, 80E)

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Village Idiot

prob hid interference.... rf filter, or something like that might help.
there is a small plastic covered magnet looking thing, which i forget what they are called but they seem to help as well.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 12:23 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Towbeast View Post
have you guys with the ISSPRO trans gauges ever have a problem with the gauge jumping around alot? Mine goes to 180 after a while (normal), then it'll shoot up to 320 then 2 seconds later jumpback down to like 190, then up again, then low again. I'm pretty sure it's an electronic interference, because when I turn my headlights on, it goes back to normal. Any ideas? other than that, I LOVE the ISSPRO gauges on the a-pillar.
What version of gauges do you have? I would bet if they are the EV line that there is a loose connection at the amp box. Also check your connection to the sender at the tranny. Unplug it and fill the plug with dielectric grease. Reinstall and your issue will go away.

The EV line is not really susceptible to interference but it could happen. But it sounds like a ground issue.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:13 AM
Freedom is not free

I've had mine jump around a few times before. The first time was a loose connection at the amp box. The other times it was moisture in the electrical connection at the sending unit in the tranny. Cleaned it out with some WD-40 and blew it dry with a shot of air from the air compressor and all was back to normal.

2003 F250, Wildman tunes, Faubion trns, Swamps 175/146 SS,van turbo/WW, DI Intercooler, oilguard bypass, intank & pre-pump, reg return, Firestone air bags, Bilsteins, 350 HP/692 TQ
2000 Excursion- Pwrd by: T Wildman 6 pos chip, CT Performance Suspension, Riffraff Diesel Performance, J&M Tranny, 4" MBRP, 6637 filter, intank/prepump mods
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:25 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Throw some dielectric grease in there... done deal.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode