Throttle does not feel right - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Throttle does not feel right

I got a 97 obs and from half throttle to the floor pulls about the same. What could be the problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Super Hauler!

Re: throttle dont fill right

does it kick down when you mash on the go pedal? or is it a zf5? could be a throttle position sensor mine did the same thing from half to full was the same and i put a volt-meter on it and found it was pushing the same amount of volts to the computer, so i replaced and good to go.

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:11 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wd_sled_puller View Post
I got a 97 obs and from half throttle to the floor pulls about the same. What could be the problem
It could be alot of things.

Can you share some more info about the truck, what's done to it, etc.?

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:21 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
When did the problem start? Did you make any changes to the truck engine etc around that time?

What chip / from whom do you have in it?

Need more info.

Does it pull hard thru even though there is no change between 1/2 and full? The gears wind out to redline rpms? Feels as though all the engines power has been setup between 0-1/2 throttle. Or is it like you only have half the throttle with not down shifting gears shifting at lower rpms etc.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

sorry guys the truck is a zf5. the truck has a diy intake and the fpr shimmed. truck holds 80 psi of fuel pressure if that matters on a fresh pump. it seems sluggish as hell on the bottom end but pulls decent after 2,200 rpm then starts to get sliggish around 3k rpm. other then chips and all shes stock for now
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 03:05 AM
PSN Veteran

80 PSI is too high IMO. 65 would be better.

Did you do anything to the engine/truck (any of those mods) or anything else that could be related to this happening?

OR

Have all the mods and everything been as is and running fine for a while and this just happened out of the blue?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 05:34 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Does it free-rev freely in neutral, or is it similiar to when you're driving it?

And back that fuel pressure down closer to 60-65, it's just needless strain on your pump running at 80psi.

And pull the chip out to see if that makes a difference.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:38 AM
All done now

Quote:
sorry guys the truck is a zf5. the truck has a diy intake and the fpr shimmed. truck holds 80 psi of fuel pressure if that matters on a fresh pump. it seems sluggish as hell on the bottom end but pulls decent after 2,200 rpm then starts to get sliggish around 3k rpm. other then chips and all shes stock for now
Please clarify the red part?

And there is no reason for anything more than 60-65 lbs. Not only is it hard on your truck, it may be the cause of no power on the bottom end.

Like Powerstrokeonc said, stick an ohm meter on you TPS it should be a smooth swing all through the range of motion.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 03:12 PM
HRT Performance

Re: Throttle does not feel right

Quote:
It could be just the way the tuning is set up. Or is this a new occurance that doesn't connect with any changes to the truck?

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Lovin the Tuna

Re: Throttle does not feel right

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodTractor View Post
It could be just the way the tuning is set up. Or is this a new occurance that doesn't connect with any changes to the truck?
Thats what i was wondering. I know some tunes are are full throttle close to half pedal.

2001 F250
2000 F250

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode