what tunes should i buy next - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•

what tunes should i buy next

iv had bully dog
that was a waste of money
then i got swmped it was great the first time then not pulling neg cables to disconnect chip was a bad idea

so i got re swamped now im not HAPPY actually very unhappy

so should i go with BEANS

i called Beans today and they talk pretty highly of themselfs are the good

all what im really looking for is better fuel MPG on the hiway i drive to school hope thil be better then 12mpg will beans be my FIX??

my truck is a 99 f350 my mods are Kustom cold air, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe and SwamP 6 pos chip

what do you guys think i SHOULD DO???

05 f250
Cass 190cc injectors with 100 over nozzles
tsd fuel sump, fuel lab=Custom, sinister reg return, MPD headers/up pipes, arp studs,JGS wastegate, egr delete, banks CAC, ram air and techni cooler,S&B cold air,TurboNetics dual ball bearing 64/65 .83AR, twisted diesel trans stage 2,phantom 2=egt,trans,boost,fuel psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: what tunes should i buy next

first of all please elaborate on the deal with swamps. Whats going on there? Or do you just wanna leave it unsaid?

12mpg has nothing to do with the tuner, you've got an underlying cause.

But if your just looking to get your question answered, id give matt a holler.

99.5 F250, 4x4, Lariat, CC/SB, 4r100 Gauges, Intake, Exhaust, Lots of black/smoked parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360
Gamertag; See Ya LATER 73
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

So....have you talked to Swamps about being unhappy with your new tunes, or ??

And you don't need to pull the battery cables to remove your chip, just make sure the keys aren't in the ignition. I've pulled my chip many times without unhooking the batteries, with no issues, as have many others.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:07 AM
PSN Veteran

Id be checking for boost leaks, exhaust leaks, fuel leaks, etc as far as the 12mpg are concerned.

Sounds to me like your comin on here askin if any of the tuners are any good at what they do, with your post count thats not gonna over to well with some of the higher ranking members.

If none of them were good at what they do they wouldnt do it

99.5 F250, 4x4, Lariat, CC/SB, 4r100 Gauges, Intake, Exhaust, Lots of black/smoked parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360
Gamertag; See Ya LATER 73
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•

ye i was in a hurry when i did it but had to buy a new awa3 that wasnt fun but one of the good guys of psn took care of me.

no i havnt talked to swamps again

me and a buddy got are chips at the same time

and i took a bone stock 01 but a edge evolution on it and raced his 01 that has been swamped and he has a built tranny and
stock with edge pulled right past him so

thats what really changed my mind on swamps

and better fuel mpg would be nice on my tuck i drive like a old man on trips and still get 12 at best

05 f250
tsd fuel sump, fuel lab=Custom, sinister reg return, MPD headers/up pipes, arp studs,JGS wastegate, egr delete, banks CAC, ram air and techni cooler,S&B cold air,TurboNetics dual ball bearing 64/65 .83AR, twisted diesel trans stage 2,phantom 2=egt,trans,boost,fuel psi
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:13 AM
What else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowinsmoke7.3 View Post
Id be checking for boost leaks, exhaust leaks, fuel leaks, etc as far as the 12mpg are concerned.

Sounds to me like your comin on here askin if any of the tuners are any good at what they do, with your post count thats not gonna over to well with some of the higher ranking members.

Agreed.

And I find the best way to improve fuel mileage is to start with the person who's behind the wheel. Learn to coast instead of mashing the brakes, start off nice and smooth, roll slowly into the throttle, and don't blow any smoke.

With those kind of mods to the driver you can sometimes pick up several mpg's. No one would say it's fun though.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowinsmoke7.3 View Post

im not qustioning anybody those guys make good money and do good work i want to try somebody else out.

my truck is in good running condition i just installed new oil pan and fron and rear main seals not to long ago and fixed mu up pide leak. im not having any boost problems or blow by

05 f250
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:29 AM
What else?

If your truck is in good running condition, and you drive it easy, it would be getting at least 15, prolly closer to 17mpg. So it obviously has an issue. And comparing your truck in a race against another when yours has issues is by no means a fair comparison. Are the trucks even identical anyways?

If you're not willing to first call your current tuner to let them know of an issue and to try different tunes, they can't help you.

I encourage you to try another tuner, that way you can rule out the tunes being the problem. Good luck.

Dave

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•

ok ill go to work in the morning and look every thing over and make sure my truck is in good working condition.

then i will call swamps and talk to them about the troubles im having.

i was wanting to pst a thread and get a second in input on what i should do.

05 f250
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
PSN Veteran

I would see if Swamps can make it right. If they dont make you happy go with Beans. I personally love their tunes. I got 21.6mpg on my last trip with mine.

2002 F250 7.3 PSD
Dyno Proven Tunes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode