Water/Methanol injection.... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Water/Methanol injection....

whats the best kit out there?? looking to buy one but theres soo many options im unsure...

KP
2000 powerstroke..skyjacker 6" suspension, tuff country ladder bars, s300 turbo,afe 4" exhaust, swamps 175/146cc injectors, afe stage II, adrenaline hpop,fuel system bowl delete, BTS valve body, dp tuner stock 60 tow,80 econ,140 aggr,sled pull, tci TC 1500 stall,studs,comp 910s, WOP plenums, Snow Performance Stage II...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 05:23 PM
A Ghost these days...

Re: Water/Methanol injection....

Cooling Mist!

http://www.ktperformance.net/catalog...hp?cPath=22_79

2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 05:25 PM
USASF Retired

I have been running a Snow's for the past several years without any problems.

1996 F-350 Crewcab 4x4 7.3 PSD E4OD

"The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them." - Raymond S. Kraft

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 01:22 AM
PSN Veteran

I'm getting the Snow soon.

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

thats the thing ive heard of both cooling mist and snow perf soo whats better?? lol

KP
2000 powerstroke..skyjacker 6" suspension, tuff country ladder bars, s300 turbo,afe 4" exhaust, swamps 175/146cc injectors, afe stage II, adrenaline hpop,fuel system bowl delete, BTS valve body, dp tuner stock 60 tow,80 econ,140 aggr,sled pull, tci TC 1500 stall,studs,comp 910s, WOP plenums, Snow Performance Stage II...
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 04:50 PM
A Ghost these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psd007.3 View Post
thats the thing ive heard of both cooling mist and snow perf soo whats better?? lol
Pick based on price, and what your looking for in a kit. If you want all the bells and whistles, look very closely at the controllers from both companies to find out whats gonna better suit your needs.

Jets, water lines, and accessories are gonna be about the same for both companies. What separates them is the controllers, and pump specs IMO.

2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 10:59 PM
PSN Veteran

I have the Snow MPG kit and it is awesome! It has a good amount of adjustability with the MPG or Tow setting and then you can adjust within the settings. The MPG setting you can set the boost that the first nozzle comes on and where it is in 100% and then you can set the 2nd nozzle in the same manner. The Tow setting is EGT activated and there is a low, medium, high setting. I have the big jets in as I usually tow heavy and I put it in Tow / Low and wow does it go through the water! I burnt 10 gallons in 110 miles through the mountains!! On the way back I put it in Tow / High and only burnt 3 gallons.

2006 F350 Lariat Tow Boss W/training wheels.

SCT W/GH's tunes, ARP's, Blk & Heads milled, Strictly RR and aux coolant lines, 6" Aussies, Snow MPG-Max, BPD: VK688,EGR, W/Pump, and FICM, Coolant filt, Train Horns, CTS (Monitor only) + Autometer backups

RIP Muley 9-25-09
Keep on Honkin' Jerry 04-05-10
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

think im going to go with the snow perf stage II seems decently priced and i nice kit...does setting to spray at egt 1100 deg sound about right?? or like 28 psi of boost

KP
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 03:57 AM
PSN Veteran

Some of you thinking Snow is the best way to go may want to take some time to do some searching on here about them. There pump performance and quality specifically. But there controllers offer more as well.

Snow Performance? - Powerstroke Nation

Water kits - Powerstroke Nation

The pumps used by Cooling Mist are actual made for the pressure rating spec. They can flow and maintain the psi they claim. The controllers fit in a gauge bezel. Depending on what units you choose you can run far more configurations with Cooling Mist.

A way to say a a bunch of money if you need a tank is use the fuel ones out of riding lawnmowers. Different sizes and many already have the hose ports etc.. I personally would only run water no meth. Add a water mixable oil or anti freeze.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 12:27 PM
USASF Retired

I use -20 blue windshield washer fluid in my system. Cheap at Wally World but they only carry it from fall to spring. It has enough methonal to keep from freezing in the tank during the harsh cold winter here in Ut. I never get above 1100* while towing, can't wait to finish my intercooler install.

1996 F-350 Crewcab 4x4 7.3 PSD E4OD

"The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them." - Raymond S. Kraft

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode