GTP38R Injector Limits - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

GTP38R Injector Limits

Pretty simple, as the title implies, what are the injector size limits with a 38R? Thats what i have on my truck right now, and when the funds allow id like to get some hybrids. Based on my small amount of knowledge, 238/80 would be safe. Right? What about 238/100 or even 250s? I imagine good tuning is very important for this setup too. Also how much power would that give me? Im thinking at or very near 500 HP correct?

School me fellas.

2000 F-250 XLT, 4X4 Ex. Cab, 7.3L PSD - Forged, 4R100

DIY Intake, 4" turbo back exhaust, GTP38R, AIH Delete, Isspro gauges, TW chip, 6.0 Intercooler, BTS Transmission

Political correctness is a spineless character flaw that emboldens the enemies of freedom, tolerance and peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 12:47 AM
I like turtles

Re: GTP38R Injector Limits

238cc 80% with a 38r will get you in that range with the right suporting mods and good tuning. Personally I would not go bigger then 238s unless you plan on more in the future.

08 duramax ccsb efi live, air dog 2, isspros, 5 inch exhaust and some other cool things. 2001 duramax 2wd (Project truck)
Once had a signature that had some bad ass stuff on it. Now its back to crap.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz

I would say that 238/100's are about the limits of that turbo. And Im pretty sure that there are a few members on here putting down over 500 rwhp with a 38R and 238/100's. Anything bigger that that, (and this is just my opinion) I would go with a modded H2E, GTP42R or equivilant.

2002 F-250 CCSB Lariat 4x4 7.3 Mostly stock... for now

2003 Ford Ranger Fx4 Level ll Sonic Blue with 33s"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamfighter View Post
I'm getting it in the can right now!!

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

That probably as big as ill ever go with this truck. I want it to haul some serious ass, but i want drivability as well. I still want to be able to tow with it. Its some what of a toy but i still want to use it for what it was made for. Plus i do have a budget.

This is still a good daily driver/towable setup right? Also how long can i expect the turbo to last with this setup? Will it still be reliable? Also is this even safe for a stock engine? It does have factory forged rods.

DIY Intake, 4" turbo back exhaust, GTP38R, AIH Delete, Isspro gauges, TW chip, 6.0 Intercooler, BTS Transmission

Political correctness is a spineless character flaw that emboldens the enemies of freedom, tolerance and peace.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 01:04 AM
I like turtles

It is a safe set up and has proven itself. Push rods, springs, studs and more fuel will keep it reliable. Its a great dd set up

08 duramax ccsb efi live, air dog 2, isspros, 5 inch exhaust and some other cool things. 2001 duramax 2wd (Project truck)
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 01:20 AM
PSN Veteran

238/80 is ideal for that turbo IMO.

The concern is not so much the volume but the nozzle. So a 238 or 250 makes no differences with the 38R.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE-STROKE View Post
It is a safe set up and has proven itself. Push rods, springs, studs and more fuel will keep it reliable. Its a great dd set up
How necessary are studs and push rods? I know springs are a must.

No danger of a new inspection hole in the block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARM View Post
238/80 is ideal for that turbo IMO.

The concern is not so much the volume but the nozzle. So a 238 or 250 makes no differences with the 38R.
Why do you say no real difference between 238 and 250? Turbo can't push enough air?

What kind of boost pressures will i end up seeing with this setup?

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 01:37 AM
I like turtles

If you want reliable I would do both of those.

Hes saying that the nozzle determines how much fuel gets to the cylinder.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

How much power would the setups give me approx:

238/80

238/100

250/???

could i even go with bigger nozzles or am i getting out of the towable range at that point? I would still like to keep some fuel economy. Which rises another question. Under normal driving what kind of mileage would i get with each of those setups? I get about 15 mpg now with stock injectors and TW tunes.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn some and figure out what setup i want to go with when i finally do it.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Going Crazy

Send a message via MSN to badluck_early99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakePSD View Post
How much power would the setups give me approx:

238/80

238/100

250/???

could i even go with bigger nozzles or am i getting out of the towable range at that point? I would still like to keep some fuel economy. Which rises another question. Under normal driving what kind of mileage would i get with each of those setups? I get about 15 mpg now with stock injectors and TW tunes.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn some and figure out what setup i want to go with when i finally do it.

those combos are all right around 500ish.... i have 250/100s are tow pretty often and pretty heavy with no problem.. my truck gets 15mpg pretty consistantly no matter what i do or how i drive.... there is always the risk of poping a motor when you start to push them higher and higher

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode