help: wicked wheel not fitting - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

help: wicked wheel not fitting

just rebuilt my turbo but when i spin the x-wheel on, it makes 3 rounds then stops. tried the stock wheel and it spins on all the way. what do i do next?...send it back?...tap it out? has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 05:02 AM
PSN Local

Re: help: wicked wheel not fitting

Thats odd, never heard of one doing that before. Are the threads on the shaft clean? Maybe a shot of Fluid Film or PB Blaster or something might help. This is a new one...

Chris

2002 F-250 with the basic mods
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 05:36 AM
PSN Newb

Just went through the same thing with the x-wheel, thought that was normal, I guess not. I tried to not cross thread it and then hit it with the impact till it was on all the way. Still think something was not quite right as it took quite a few hits with the impact to get it all the way on. If I were to do it again I would of pulled the down pipe and held the exhaust wheel.

2003 F350 Lariat 7.3 Auto CCSB 4x4 6637 4inch straight piped Dipricol gauges Gearhead tuning 2.5 leveling kit

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 01:09 PM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels

I've never installed one that fit like the one being removed.So yes i would say the fit is normal.

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ur right dixie...after reading wheels' post i realize thats why u have put it on with impact. i left out that "it made 3 turns and stopped...by hand" problem solved....i set my torque wrench to 10 ft/lb and spun it on holding back-up on the exhaust with a duct taped screw driver....it never "clicked" till it bottomed out. spins free and reasy to install
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 08:23 AM
PSN Veteran

My wheel was the same thing,it took a little to spin it on by hand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode